• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

five lives too late, and there's blood in my hair
Jan 27, 2024
title, whats your strategies to cope with horrible short term memory? its affecting my life quite a bit, im really stupid and i struggle to talk to people sometimes because of it, as well as do my work effeciently. i'm thinking of finding or making something like a watch but its a note pad or sticky note dispenser. im a bit iffy on supplements only due to it costs alot but u get alot of stuff but what happens if it doesnt work or case problems etc. but im open to hearing about it.

Reactions: sserafim
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
A former colleague really struggled with this and wrote everything down in a little notebook. For example when given a list of tasks, he'd write them down and tick them off. I actually started doing it myself when we were busy as it was much more efficient. I assume these days he uses an app to help but the little note book was so simple but brilliant.

I reckon it's also worth looking up organisations who work with people who struggle with their short term memory and see what suggestions they have.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, Tesha and 1 other person
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I use the 'reminder' app on my iPhone and literally just keep a running list of what I've committed to / things I need to do.

There are also apps that use games to keep your short term memory exercised.

My depression and prescription use of benzos really screwed me up and I'm still coming to terms with it, as my mental acuity used to be one thing I actually liked about myself.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and pilotviolin
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
I use a 5x7 note pad, writing down important ideas in bullet-point style. Once I have handled that action, it gets crossed off the list. At the end of the page, I transfer any undone things to a new page. I also use the calendar on my phone for time sensitive stuff. If its really important, I also set an alarm on my phone; my phone allows for a title on the alarm, which is nice.

For daily tasks, I have them written on a sheet of paper, set where I can see it. I don't check them off, I just look to see if #1 is done (make my bed). If it's not, then I do thst and then move on. 7 items on my list.

For my meds, I have a 7-day tray, with four daily compartments. Once I've taken a dose, I leave the lid open so I know its done. It keeps me from double-dipping. With my insulin, I have an app on my phone where I log the injection.

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
depends on the cause. is it something that can be 'fixed'?

personally for me i play games like solitaire, sudoku, word searches. theres a bunch of little games like that that you can play to improve memory. i never tried meds (didnt even know or think about it being an option), but the games seem to be working pretty well for me, i do seem to be improving.
although its hard to tell with my "adhd words" XD XD (example)

i also use my wrist to write notes (when its not cut up), or little scraps of paper.

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin and Praestat_Mori
liliths

liliths

Feb 18, 2023
i get brain fog often so i understand your situation. i personally like using the reminder app on my phone, using a notebook/journal dedicated to daily tasks, or a white board (you can get cheap ones online or at the dollar store). how you use them and in what manner is up to you! i personally experimented with those until they became a habit. the white board is my favorite. it's hard to forget something when it's in your face like that. i also think writing things down with a pen or pencil is good for your brain. i like to keep those notes both digitally and on paper so if i forget the latter i have a backup. hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin