LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
Been having a string of back luck recently. I want to talk to someone about it but I don't want to be too clingy to others.

So how do you deal with your troubles, if you have no one to lean on? Do you stew in your misery alone? Do you have a drink?

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Lostandlooking, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Been having a string of back luck recently. I want to talk to someone about it but I don't want to be too clingy to others.

So how do you deal with your troubles, if you have no one to lean on? Do you stew in your misery alone? Do you have a drink?
The best solution is spending time with others in a positive way. Being clingy to others is not such a bad thing if you rethink it- just being a good companion to others. Finding others youy can lean on a little can really help- as social creatures this is the key. Maybe there are friends and family members who can help more, and maybe there are ways to add new people to your life who can help. Caring from others around you is the key.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Isolate, drink, get high, cry, sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: zurukunai, Lostandlooking, dtjb and 3 others
Ainsley

Ainsley

chronic thought wanderer
Feb 8, 2022
Could just be my experiences, but I have found that others don't really want to hear when someone else is having a bad time unless the issue has been/is looking to be resolved.
If you end the rant/vent with a positive closing statement or positive view/conclusion, then people don't seem to mind as much.
I think others usually have too much going on in their own lives that they cannot really handle other people's woes...

If you're in the thick of something right now and cannot/have not gained that positive insight or healed from/ in the process of healing from that situation, I have found it is better to keep it to yourself for now... Understand that it is completely okay to be going through it, and you're valid in whatever you're feeling, but sometimes it is better to keep it close to your chest. Give the situation and yourself some more time... write it down to get it out/talk to a pet or animal, cry if your body needs it, take a walk, get some sleep, etc... I would avoid drinking or other drugs as a coping mechanism when you're in a dark place...

Don't get me wrong, please please please spend some time with those you care about. Make an effort to maintain connections with those important people, but like someone else mentioned, it will play out better for both of you if that time is spent in a relaxed, more casual/positive manner. Take some time away from the hurt, as difficult as that may be...
Grab a meal, see a movie, go bowling, visit a museum, walk a trail, visit a petting farm. Some kind of activity to keep things flowing usually helps if you want to meet up to take your mind off of things but are preoccupied by the hurt... but, ah, I am rambling now. Sorry, sorry.

I just kind of wrote this without much thought, so if it doesn't sound like it really applies to you please disregard...
I am wishing you all the best, friend. Hope things get better for you soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, CTB Dream, looseye and 1 other person
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I do not have anyone (no family, friends, nothing) to reach out to when I am dealing with my issues.

Thus, I deal with all my issues alone, either through journaling, exercise, meditation, or reading, which lately does not always help.

So I usually just end up bottling up every emotion, thought, and feeling I have.

That said, even if help were presented to me, having grown up in an environment (family) where everyone handled their problems on their own and everyone was for themselves, I would not even know how to accept help or ask for help in the real world, as that is simply a skill that is foreign to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
AC/DC & Valium 👍

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and outatime_85
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Copy normal time maybe game foodetc, other that not possible brain injury damage trauma suffer no way do tging only way help sleep , method when

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cathy Ames and outatime_85
jackie_boy1337

jackie_boy1337

Nov 5, 2022
I generally don't...which is how I ended up on this website.

When things were going well I'd usually drink myself into a peaceful coma every night after work.

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Distraction.

Internet, THC, etc. Relapsed recently.