W

Whenhopelostmemory

Jun 25, 2020
Can anyone tell me how one can gather up the courage to do what they decide to do

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life is pointless, Brokenwithbpd, KleinerWolf and 3 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
As in courage to ctb? I feel like my lack of courage comes from being scared of failing to ctb. I don't want to feel even more hopeless than I usually do. I don't know if I'm waiting for something to tip me over the edge so I will just go for it without thinking too much by just letting it be an impulsive action

• Love
Reactions: Paralyzed boy, pthnrdnojvsc and Saed
D

Desideratum

Jun 8, 2020
No idea. I think for me it will be safe in the realisation there was no other option.

W

Whenhopelostmemory

Jun 25, 2020
No idea. I think for me it will be safe in the realisation there was no other option.
Hmm
As in courage to ctb? I feel like my lack of courage comes from being scared of failing to ctb. I don't want to feel even more hopeless than I usually do. I don't know if I'm waiting for something to tip me over the edge so I will just go for it without thinking too much by just letting it be an impulsive action
Exactly my problem.. the fear of failure ..that's wats scary.. it's frustrating to linger in between living and not wanting to live

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Frt
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Exactly my problem.. the fear of failure ..that's wats scary.. it's frustrating to linger in between living and not wanting to live

For me, it's about planning -- knowing the method, knowing its effects, knowing what to expect if I survive such as ending up in a hospital or psych ward. Then weighing out risks, what I can and cannot handle, etc. I've done a lot of processing such as posting questions, studying methods, and making lists.

Courage means overcoming fear, but there is less to fear when one has awareness about what they're doing and what they can reasonably expect. For me, I am adequately prepared in my knowledge of my method. I know it will work, it's just going to suck, and I'm not yet at the point that things are bad enough to deal with that. I would already be gone if more peaceful methods had been successful, such as partial hanging or the ReBreather, or if I had access to N.

• Love
Reactions: Whenhopelostmemory and Saed
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Controversial opinion:

you don't need courage.
you either have it or you don't.

if something you don't have courage for, either means it's not the right timing
or means whatever it is, isn't right for you.

If things are right, you will know about it yourself.

:heart:
Much Love,
Ego.

Reactions: Life is pointless and Whenhopelostmemory
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I am living an absolute hell everyday.. bedridden, wasting disease, mental and physical torture beyond imagination but I'm afraid of the unknown to ctb. And i don't want to die. It's not courage for me, it's constant fear forcing me to stay here.
I'm praying my body will quit finally on its own. And soon ...
i wish i could just get the courage to say F it and hopefully I will soon.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life is pointless, Whenhopelostmemory, Saed and 2 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't have an answer, and I don't think anyone else will tbh. At some point you're just overwhelmed by life and stop thinking about the process of dying. Sometimes it can be stress-fueled impulse, sometimes disassociation, and sometimes it's just general numbness. I don't think there's a way to force it.

Reactions: Life is pointless, Whenhopelostmemory, Saed and 1 other person
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Guess in my case I will be impulse .. Coz I am gutless to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: Life is pointless, KleinerWolf and Whenhopelostmemory