ChaiTea

ChaiTea

Apr 17, 2023
does creating an actual date for a planned suicide help you cope with the fact you're going to cbt soon? i've attempted once but it didn't work out. i've been thinking about it for a bit. i'm not sure how to set a date. maybe it's the pressure?

is it usually randomized?

VENT/storytime? TLDR at the end:

it feels like whenever i start to get suicidal again, things start looking up. but i feel as though it's getting harder to care. today was a good day for me. it makes me stupidly happy when people do the small things lol. someone smiled at me in the hall. i hung out with someone for a few minutes while others did work. a few people laughed at my joke and i got a ride home from someone i thought didnt like me. i even found someone on a walk and she seemed happy to talk to me, she even felt comfortable enough to talk about her biggest hobbies with me. and this one person seems to remember all the small stuff i say, especially when i dont even remember saying it lol. and a few of us have plans to hang out this whole weekend, and i was given a task for our club that im excited about. someone even complimented me. at first i responded rudely because i thought they were being sarcastic but they weren't.

TLDR today was a good day lol. this whole week.

is that what's currently keeping me from killing myself? i never believed in all that "it's a sign from the universe" stuff. not dissing anyone that does, it's just not my thing.
maybe i want to die, maybe i dont. im really not for or against it anymore, although it feels uncomfortable to say that. its not right, i have a preference. but im not sure what.
tbh i forgot what my original post was about lmao. i just like posting about it i guess :) how are yalls day going?

• Hugs
Reactions: ayla and Addled and Rattled
nattys5thtoenail

nattys5thtoenail

Oct 6, 2024
Do not CTB on a holiday or birthday is my advice

Reactions: ChaiTea
coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
i dont have a set date im just gonna go when i decide to go cus i cant predict how i'll feel on that day lol

ayla

ayla

♡ · 18
Jun 30, 2024
for me i dont rly have any date but more so a day? moment? idk. i want to ctb the day i meet my goal weight which im about 15ish lbs away from, so yea dont know when for sure but soon i hope

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
No set time, date, or so, just depending on circumstances and where I am. I want to be 100% I'm ready and have everything I want done, sorted before I go, still have yet to get there, but each passing day it's looking closer and closer. Maybe end of 2024, maybe into 2025, no time/date as my circumstances still have to align.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I doubt I'll plan anything far in advance, too much time to worry. I've already started getting rid of stuff though, cleaning out closets and the attic. I'll take it month by month, and see how I feel about things. I'd like to maybe go out one July. There's no one close to me that was born in July.

BoredNTired

BoredNTired

Wants to sleep for a good long while
Sep 30, 2024
I basically started burning bridges to give myself a deadline. I stopped attending classes, started lying to my parents, stopped most self care, basically things that I knew would catch up to me by this semesters end when at best I'd be put on academic probation, and my parent notified. I really have no other way out at this point, and I'd have it no other way.

imadeahugemistake

imadeahugemistake

Oct 9, 2024
I began isolating myself from everyone a few months ago. I moved across the country (US) last year for a job opportunity. I changed my phone number about 2 months ago.

I set an exact date and time in the future. The date only holds significance to me and one other person in my life. It's far out enough that I can get everything I need to in order before I depart. The planning process has given me a sense of calm that I haven't felt in years.

The time of my departure will be right after sunrise. I want to experience that one last time before I go.

H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024
I don't want to choose a date. I'm just going to do it on a whim when i gain the means. That way i can just go about things normally in the meantime and avoid thinking about it.

Last edited:
dazednconfused

dazednconfused

could i be an angel?
Oct 8, 2024
i mean i just decided based on when id have everything ready lol. if i fail to do it that day, ill wait until things go haywire for me again and do it all on impulse lol.