H

HadesDreams

Sep 1, 2024
I fight my depression every day. I am in therapy and on medication. I feel like it is not really working. I often think about giving up and CTB, but I have hope that I can overcome this. The mental and physical exhaustion is unbearable, living without wanting to do even what you like. How do you manage to not give up and keep trying and be in recovery?

• Hugs
Reactions: hopelesswanderer
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
keep picking dates and telling yourself to get to them, sometimes I book a random haircut I don't need and use that to keep me going until that date.

notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
One day at a time. Think about the small things. If I think about the future, everything feels overwhelming, but if I only think about getting thought today (or this week if we want to be broader) it gets easier. I don't have to get through the next ten years, I just have to get through this week. And next week? We'll think about next week when it comes.
This of course isn't always applicable, but doing it whenever you can, can be helpful. I know, this all sounds like empty bullshit, but it's what helps me.
You have hope and that's what matters, that's the first step.
If you're okay with sharing, what have you tried already/what's giving you issues at the moment?

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not capable of killing myself, at least not anytime soon. Which basically leaves me no choice but to keep on going. I need to work to pay my bills, but it also allows me to keep myself busy with tasks unrelated to my reasons for not wanting to live. I tackle life one day at a time without thinking about the future. Maybe things will get better one day, maybe they won't. But that's not something that I'll find out today. Today I need to take care of what needs to be done so that tomorrow is no worse than it needs to be.

We'll see how it works for me, but for now it's all I have. I know it's not much and probably isn't enough in the long run. But it has to suffice for now. Thinking about distant future is unbearable, that's why I avoid it. I sometimes imagine I die every evening and the next morning someone else wakes up in my body.

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
This sounds interesting, care to elaborate?
Technically speaking this is something you can't disprove. Imagine every time you fell asleep your consciousness died and the next morning it was "someone else" waking up, with your memories and personality. A "new you" so to speak. I'm not saying I believe this is the case, but if I imagine it is, then it's easier to get through today. It makes tomorrow not my problem.

• Informative
Reactions: notwhereIbelong