N

nuffi

May 29, 2018
My preferred method is jumping cuz of its reliability. I'm going to make that jump soon but I could use some encouragement from u guys. I'm terrified tbh. But why wouldn't I be? Killing yourself goes against every survival instinct, it's only natural to be scared. But anyway. If anyone could maybe say something inspirational or whatever then that would be much appreciated. •~•

Reactions: siray, RoloTomasi, RealMe and 7 others
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
Sorry man but I tried to jump off a bridge many, many times and the survival instinct that kicks in is insane. I think you almost have to be psychotic or on drugs to pull it off. Looking down at the water or the ground is a truly terrifying moment.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RealMe, throwaway123 and 1 other person
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Lots of alcohol. No one does it sober if they're smart

Reactions: siray, Livide Lamb, RealMe and 3 others
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I get panic attacks if I am on a ladder that is higher than 2m-so I couldn't do it.
I was in a high rope climbing garden at a height of 5m and had to jump-it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I had a harness on and knew nothing could happen.

Reactions: ctkmtt, RealMe, throwaway123 and 1 other person
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I wish I knew. It sounds so easy in theory but once you're there, actually standing there it's like there's an invisible wall.

Reactions: siray and RealMe
X

Xingster

Student
Aug 9, 2018
OP, there is a documentary on YouTube called The Bridge. It's on jumpers from Golden Gate Bridge in SF. Worth watching..... I always thought it's almost romantic to jump off a bridge into the water....

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
OP, there is a documentary on YouTube called The Bridge. It's on jumpers from Golden Gate Bridge in SF. Worth watching..... I always thought it's almost romantic to jump off a bridge into the water....
I saw the documentary you talked about a long time ago
I was impressed to know that even at that height, someone survived
every time I spend some bridge, I keep looking for a while, thinking if it will be safe and fast
It also seems to me a romantic method, like drowning and some other methods.
But romantic methods are not usually peaceful, quick and safe

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and throwaway123
T

Tiburcio

I get panic attacks if I am on a ladder that is higher than 2m-so I couldn't do it.
I was in a high rope climbing garden at a height of 5m and had to jump-it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I had a harness on and knew nothing could happen.
Exactly the same here, even looking at the window causes me intense fear...

What about stabbing in the chest? More romantic than this is impossible.
And seems effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: anna and throwaway123
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
What about stabbing in the chest? More romantic than this is impossible.
And seems effective.

it could be ... although I do not think it's easy to stab yourself in the right place and with the necessary strength
I guess if you do not hit the exact place, it would not be effective

Reactions: Tiburcio
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
I'm scared shitless of the jumping thing. If I think about it my palms get sweaty for real.

Reactions: betteroffdead and Tiburcio
X

Xingster

Student
Aug 9, 2018
I saw the documentary you talked about a long time ago
I was impressed to know that even at that height, someone survived
every time I spend some bridge, I keep looking for a while, thinking if it will be safe and fast

I suppose there isn't a method that's 100% good. Even drinking N at a lethal dose, you could possibly vomit it out.... many people have also survived gunshot at head. Apparently, the survival chance of jumping of GGD is very little. Not only the height, also the drowning aspect.

Reactions: throwaway123, lv-gras, anna and 1 other person
Lady Euthanasia

Lady Euthanasia

Jul 24, 2018
My preferred method is jumping cuz of its reliability. I'm going to make that jump soon but I could use some encouragement from u guys. I'm terrified tbh. But why wouldn't I be? Killing yourself goes against every survival instinct, it's only natural to be scared. But anyway. If anyone could maybe say something inspirational or whatever then that would be much appreciated. •~•

My method is jumping too, the planned date is really close now and since I started to look at the situation with a clearer mind I began to feel terrified too (not because of heights or running a risk of being paralysed), I guess deep inside myself I still have a very small desire to live. But either way the only advice I can think of that I want to apply to my own escape if I go through with it is to not think, don't stand on the edge and look down while starting to hesitate, simply act.
Wish you luck dear and remember if you do change your mind it is very valid and it's ok to rethink your decision even in the last moment, no one will judge you for it ♥

Last edited:
Reactions: Salvacion, siray, Morning Angel and 3 others
D

Deleted member 847

They get drunk or take drugs

Reactions: siray, lv-gras and Volatile