N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Many write they don't get taken serious by therapists. Is that true? However, asking this question might be biased because we cannot listen to both sides. I don't know what is just a clichee and what is true. It probably depends on the individual. There is a very stupid borderline woman in the clinic I am currently in. There are also a lot of friendly and intelligent ones. Honestly, seemingly 80% of the women there seem to have borderline. But now back to the stupid one. She threatened suicide in front of all the other patients. It was so so fucking obvious she was not serious. The staff knew it, the other patients knew it. It was so fucking obvious. It was a slap in the face of the people in this group who are serious with suicidality. But there are also borderline affected people who are serious about it in the clinic. She is just an obvious bad apple.

I have made a short research and seemingly 5-10% of all people with borderline commit suicide within 15 years. And 80% self-harm. According to chatGPT there are equally as many males as females who are affected. (That surprises me). But 70% of patients in psychological care are females. BPD men seem to be more often in prisons or in the forensic. That's interesting.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Many write they don't get taken serious by therapists. Is that true? However, asking this question might be biased because we cannot listen to both sides. I don't know what is just a clichee and what is true. It probably depends on the individual. There is a very stupid borderline woman in the clinic I am currently in. There are also a lot of friendly and intelligent ones. Honestly, seemingly 80% of the women there seem to have borderline. But now back to the stupid one. She threatened suicide in front of all the other patients. It was so so fucking obvious she was not serious. The staff knew it, the other patients knew it. It was so fucking obvious. It was a slap in the face of the people in this group who are serious with suicidality. But there are also borderline affected people who are serious about it in the clinic. She is just an obvious bad apple.

I have made a short research and seemingly 5-10% of all people with borderline commit suicide within 15 years. And 80% self-harm. According to chatGPT there are equally as many males as females who are affected. (That surprises me). But 70% of patients in psychological care are females. BPD men seem to be more often in prisons or in the forensic. That's interesting.
maybe she hasn't got bpd but I dunno
she could have -
"Histrionic personality disorder (HPD)
is
characterized by a pervasive pattern of attention-seeking behaviors and a theatrical level of emotional reactions. The condition is usually life-long, though onset is typically in late adolescence or early adulthood."

so awwwwwww she isn't a bad apple
she might be misdiagnosed.
who's to say who will off themselves or not.
I knew of someone (well i didnt know them personally) he told his therapist he wanted to ctb and so he did along with his pets. Sad story. We could say he's a bad apple but he told his therapist, maybe they thought he was attention seeking...until as they say "the straw that broke the camels back"

Last edited: