quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
Is there supposed to be some "feeling" or inclination to something that lets you know what your strengths are? Or do people let you know? Can you just gain strengths without noticing too?

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
You expose yourself to a wide variety of thing and see what suits you. That's kinda the scope of modern education, if you think about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Susannah, StolenLife and Cathy Ames
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
Is there supposed to be some "feeling" or inclination to something that lets you know what your strengths are? Or do people let you know? Can you just gain strengths without noticing too?
I think what you're looking for is to feel power over your situation. It sounds like you're having trouble seeing the good side of things and that is sort of skewing your own view of yourself. I would say, write down things you are grateful for every day. Even if it's something meaningless like today I spend all day on the internet.
This could easily turn into something more positive like say for example saying "I like to keep learning new things from the internet".
So yeah take it easy, do self care homework and good luck 🙂

Reactions: Susannah and akana
rainbowbright

rainbowbright

Oct 1, 2022
I sat down and had a good think about this a few months ago, went over any compliments I've ever had and wrote it all down, actually surprised myself with the list in the end, I think alot of us see ourselves more in a negative way about what we aren't good at but when you really sit down and think we all have strengths in some respect

Reactions: Susannah, akana and Cathy Ames
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
I think the way you know what you're good at is when something comes easier for you than those around you. Aside from that, just do what you do best. It's easier to do what comes easiest for you than to worry about what others can do.

If you're asking about career or professional options, doing what comes easiest for you has some advantages. Even if you aren't passionate about it, it's less work if you're good at it and the feeling of accomplishment might be enough to pull you through. Even people who pursue their "passion" often find they lose their enjoyment of it once it becomes work or something the have to do.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I wish mine was being not alive.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I guess the feeling of mastering something, being self aware and compliments from others are all 3 good ways to know what your strenghts are.

Reactions: Susannah and akana