M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
This is a little intriguing to me - how do people compel to do it in a forest? What I mean by that, is when you want to hang yourself, you need a solid spot where you can tie your rope. You need to practice on it to make sure that it won't break etc. But when people do it in forest, do they just go around looking for a solid-looking tree branch and try their luck hoping that branch won't break under their weight? Aren't they afraid of someone seeing them? Do they go there at night or in a day? And what about climbing a tree. I find it hard to imagine that it would be easy to find a tree that's both easy to climb on and has a solid branch at a required height. Or maybe I'm just overthinking the specifics or something?

Does anyone has any experience in this?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end !, sourpink and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think they just go through with it.
"Some branch looks nice? Okay, here's my sweet spot"
I prefer hotel rooms, btw.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end !, Sherri and 2 others
N

needaplan

Student
Jan 31, 2020
I think a people know the forests and what is going on there, like hunting times etc. b there are pretty remote forests.
Maybe u can go to a possible place at a possible time several times or check for the best times and so on

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end !, Isadeth and 2 others
140 bpm

140 bpm

Glitching in reality
Jan 26, 2020
I've never considered that method, but if I decided go with it, I would spend some time to find a place first and check everything (including climb the tree or hang on the branch with my hands, so be sure it'll handle my weight) So when day X comes, I'd just go there and get shit done. And definitely not a night time. Forest is the most creepy place in time. I'd just prefer take off with a sunrise.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end ! and needaplan
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
Where would you tie a rope in a hotel room?

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and The end !
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The wardrobe! There's an iron bar, you know where the hangers are collocated, which is really strong!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end ! and Motoko
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
The wardrobe! There's an iron bar, you know where the hangers are collocated, which is really strong!
Oh, so it would be partial hanging then right? The hotel room got me thinking but I would prefer to do the 'full' one than partial one.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end ! and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Oh, so it would be partial hanging then right? The hotel room got me thinking but I would prefer to do the 'full' one than partial one.
Yeah, it would be partial hanging! I'm too scared of full hanging.

• Love
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I wish I had a convenient forest nearby. I can think of places but they are a few hours away. I'm not in a condition to get there. I would love more than anything to be there alone in a remote area. I could actually die happy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end !, sourpink and 1 other person
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Not sure about hanging, but CO in a tent in a forest doesn't look too shabby to me.
Just do some scouting, find some remote place, set up camp and the charcoal and drift of to sleep.
I'm even thinking about ditching SN over this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end ! and Spitfire
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
You just go to a tree, find a sturdy branch, tie it and jump. There's chances that it won't be peaceful and that you suffocate instead of breaking your neck but obviously we won't ever know. It's fast but uncomfortable and scary

• Love
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
I'm not sure why people's first thought in the backwoods is tree branch. Climb a mountain and step off seems so much less complicated. Nobody needs to know how to tie knots right to fall ykwim lol

• Love
  • Yay!
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I watched a documentary about 青木ヶ原町樹海 in Japan, where many people carry out this act every year, hidden deep within the sea of trees.

I was surprised that many of them end up camping there for several days once they've gone off the path, some of them probably don't truly want to ctb and are mulling it over, even going so far as creating makeshift trails in case they wanted to go back and be able to find the path, but some of people in the forest that were interviewed looked like they were scouting out the nearby trees and making a plan.

The forest was very dark, shaded, and had an eerie sort of aura to it, especially when the belongings of the deceased and sometimes even skeletons are scattered throughout the forest. Some described it as peaceful but it didn't seem that way to me. I don't know why so many people chose to hang in that forest, I think my SI would kick in simply from being there and I would be unable to go through with it being surrounded with such visceral imagery.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end !, adam&eve and 2 others
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
This is a little intriguing to me - how do people compel to do it in a forest? What I mean by that, is when you want to hang yourself, you need a solid spot where you can tie your rope. You need to practice on it to make sure that it won't break etc. But when people do it in forest, do they just go around looking for a solid-looking tree branch and try their luck hoping that branch won't break under their weight? Aren't they afraid of someone seeing them? Do they go there at night or in a day? And what about climbing a tree. I find it hard to imagine that it would be easy to find a tree that's both easy to climb on and has a solid branch at a required height. Or maybe I'm just overthinking the specifics or something?

Does anyone has any experience in this?
You don't need to practice, no. Most people can easily identify by sight whether or not a branch can hold their weight. A few tugs on the rope once it's in place is enough to check that the branch isn't rotted. And a forest is one of the easiest possible environments to hide away from other people.

You are just overthinking the specifics, yes.
A room has to be specifically designed for there not to be something to tie a rope to.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end ! and sourpink
C

Chemicalcastration20

Sep 11, 2020
You need to find a hardwood forest much more choice and the branches will mostly be strong. Completely avoid a softwood forest (pine trees etc) there will be no lower branches and will be very difficult to climb them.
All my attempts have been in the forest.. (lucky to have alot close to me) I haven't seen anyone in the daytime that has ever disturbed me! Nightime you are never going to be found.. Very unlikely!

• Love
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Same. If I ever ctb will be in a fancy hotel room.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, The end ! and WornOutLife
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
A room has to be specifically designed for there not to be something to tie a rope to.
Hmmm... It may be true for partial hanging, but I find it harder than 'full' hanging. If I were for hanging, I would prefer to do it by full hanging. Doing it in the hotel sounds really comfortable, but I would have to be assured there's something I could tie a rope around. Like something strongly attached to ceiling or something like that.

• Love
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I was going to hang in a forest a while back. Then I got a tank of nitrogen and a regulator but it has been leaking gas and other problems so that plan backfired. I then managed to find out and secure sodium nitrite along with the other pills to make it more peaceful. I was wondering, though, how will people find your body in the woods? It would be even more traumatic for your family and friends (if any) to not know where to locate it. You all gonna leave a note or something?

• Love
P

patheticpartner

Student
May 4, 2020
I was going to hang in a forest a while back. Then I got a tank of nitrogen and a regulator but it has been leaking gas and other problems so that plan backfired. I then managed to find out and secure sodium nitrite along with the other pills to make it more peaceful. I was wondering, though, how will people find your body in the woods? It would be even more traumatic for your family and friends (if any) to not know where to locate it. You all gonna leave a note or something?
Just me being presumptuous, but I think people who want to commit suicide in forests don't want to be found. I myself don't wish to be found because I'd rather have my loved ones think I'm alive and wonder where I am, than to know that I committed suicide. Especially my parents. I feel like nothing would break their hearts more than the fact that I had committed suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and The end !