mytimemysunflower

mytimemysunflower

Feb 18, 2023
im not joking, im sick of it and having constant delusions and thinking that god is inside my head is making me go crazy. i dont want to take medications because im scared of the weight gain side effects/potentially having to switch until i find the right one, but my normal coping strategies tend to just temporarily calm me down and not help the problem at hand. ive been going to therapy for the past month but i just dont know what to do. help?

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, Kit1, sadwriter and 2 others
cali22♡

cali22♡

Experienced
Nov 11, 2023
The best way to stop it is to talk with an very good friend or what i do is to do some stuff that my brain dont think about it like working with computers or play some computer games

Reactions: Kit1
tiredcat

tiredcat

tired
Nov 6, 2023
pyschotic episodes are so draining to experience frequently and im sorry you have to go through it and i can understand not wanting to get on medication.
i feel like whilst in the midst of a pyschotic break, it might be helpful to do some grounding coping mechanisms since delusions are a form of pyschosis and pyschosis is a break from reality. techniques that have to due with your surroundings might help stay in the moment.

^ some of these are definitely less helpful than others but i find anything having to do with focusing on how things feel or look helps.

and maybe try constantly reminding yourself that you are the one in control, say it out loud if that's what you prefer. you're mind quite literally has a mind of it's own. maybe look up things that debunk the delusion you may be having is possible. like reading about god and origins of religion and such. i would say be careful when doing this though cause some things you read may very well fuel ur delusions. such as the "god is in all of us" preaches.

but if u need some words of encouragement or debunking here (feel free to skip if people denying ur delusions trigger you, i don't know what state ur in right now so im just being cautious)

you are in control. god isn't in ur head and he cannot hear every single thing you are thinking. you're mind is a safe haven where only you know what's going on, nobody else can violate the privacy of ur own thoughts. neither can they judge whatever you may be thinking if you havent said anything aloud. i don't know what ur beliefs may be but i can assure u that god probably isnt going to be constantly in ur mind while there are millions of other people he may or may not be listening to.

i hope you can find a way to sooth ur delusions though. sending much love <3

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
As someone who has gone through multiple psychosis before, best option is medication. Unfortunately, psychosis is not like depression where many alternate drugs you can use to treat.

Reactions: secretsfromthecity, ForgottenAgain and sadwriter
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
You could try an antipsychotic which is less likely to cause weight gain like aripiprazole or one of the older ones

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I feel you, I don't have psychotic episodes often but I spent years hearing voices and 2 weeks ago had another episode where I thought a photograph was evil and had turned the zipper of my bag into shark teeth.

I took medication for almost 5 years whilst doing therapy and stopped hearing voices. Beyond the antidepressants, I took Risperidone and Mirtrazapine. At some point switched Risperidone to Risperdal Consta, injection, worked much better for some reason.

Therapy was incredibly helpful but I don't think it would have gone away without the anti psychotics... Now I'm taking risperidone again since that photograph and bag episode and helped me. In the kitchen I started to feel an object was judging me and was able to calm myself down and distract myself.

Another thing I discovered is that a shot of alcohol may be able to stop the episode. This was several years ago, I was alone at night, felt everyone in the world was AI and was going to kill me, I went to drink water from a bottle, it was rum. It brought me right back to reality since I wasn't expecting it to not be water and be so strong. Need to be careful though, as it can develop into alcohol addiction...

I prefer taking the meds, I think they work much better and I'm not on the verge of losing it all the time. I haven't experienced any weight related symptoms, just feeling kinda drugged at first and dizzy.

nivis...

nivis...

Oct 17, 2023
im not joking, im sick of it and having constant delusions and thinking that god is inside my head is making me go crazy. i dont want to take medications because im scared of the weight gain side effects/potentially having to switch until i find the right one, but my normal coping strategies tend to just temporarily calm me down and not help the problem at hand. ive been going to therapy for the past month but i just dont know what to do. help?
I always say, go out to feel the sun, it gives you vitamin d, vitamind d makes you happier. finding friends that you can talk to when you need to is good, best way to do is through hobbies you share, or even just online friends (irl is definitely better though). working out can make you get stuff of your mind and feel good about yourself. maybe listening to music can help. sleeping atleast 8 hours, eating properly. All the nice stuff. maybe just relax and watch a movie or something yknow.