Domika

Domika

Feb 12, 2023
No matter what I do I'm always sad.

I shouldn't be, I have a stable income I have a girlfriend who I love dearly I have friends I just I just feel sad and I don't know why. What is geniuenly wrong with me, no one else in my family is like this from what I know I'm just I'm just so ad and I don't know why and I just want help

• Hugs
Reactions: Gloom, Endex, leeloosnow and 2 others
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023

I shouldn't be, I have a stable income I have a girlfriend who I love dearly I have friends I just I just feel sad and I don't know why. What is geniuenly wrong with me, no one else in my family is like this from what I know I'm just I'm just so ad and I don't know why and I just want help
To me, it seems that you are sad for no particular reason which is perfectly fine. I'm not a professional nor do I know the exact situation you are in but that is a sign of a mood disorder. If it is probably not that then it means you are not satisfied with your friends or your lover. If this has been happening for a long time, you might want to seek a professional. Just a heads up that some of them are unreliable. Good luck, I hope things will get better.

Reactions: Nillionaire, leeloosnow and Fireprayer
paoS

paoS

Feb 23, 2023
could be alot of things, maybe you are unfulfilled with how you spend your time? (work/freetime)
maybe speak to some kind of professional? no shame in that. Wishing you the best

Reactions: RW__Asher23
Domika

Domika

Feb 12, 2023
could be alot of things, maybe you are unfulfilled with how you spend your time? (work/freetime)
maybe speak to some kind of professional? no shame in that. Wishing you the best
It probably has a good amount to dow with work, I'm working a job I'd rather not and it's not one I can stop working at either.

I've tried speaking with professionals but all I ever get told is to focus on my breathing or to try journaling, neither of which seem to actually help me.

Thank you though.

Reactions: Source Energy
paoS

paoS

Feb 23, 2023
It probably has a good amount to dow with work, I'm working a job I'd rather not and it's not one I can stop working at either.
I can relate to that very much, I've put myself through years of a job i didn't like and that was a driving factor in my mental illness for sure, wishing you the best for your future and that you can find some fulfillment elsewhere careerwise.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If sadness is not event driven, it might be possible ti inject a disruption of your daily routine such that moments of happiness can intrude. A pet like a dog can give affection and distraction that can interrupt a momentum towards sadness. It might be possible to use such interruptions to exercise gratitude for health, family, and friends.

Reactions: Domika and frog_prince
mrkillmyself

mrkillmyself

if only it were that easy
Feb 25, 2023

You're probably on a melancholic episode. Either that or there's something deep down in your heart that it's hurting you daily

Reactions: Domika
Domika

Domika

Feb 12, 2023
You're probably on a melancholic episode. Either that or there's something deep down in your heart that it's hurting you daily
I guess it goes to show how dumb I am for having to search up what a melancholic episode, I just wish I knew why these happen to me. Like, days will go by fine and then I just realized nothing is fun at all and that everything I'm doing is never able to make me feel satisfied with life at all

• Hugs
Reactions: mrkillmyself
mrkillmyself

mrkillmyself

if only it were that easy
Feb 25, 2023
I guess it goes to show how dumb I am for having to search up what a melancholic episode, I just wish I knew why these happen to me. Like, days will go by fine and then I just realized nothing is fun at all and that everything I'm doing is never able to make me feel satisfied with life at all
Yeah, i get the feeling. This happens to me a lot when i go outside. I really enjoy it, so when i go back home, and everything i have is just a PC, it takes a few days for me to get used to it again

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
If finances allow you, maybe seeing a psychiatrist would help. You might be depressed. If so, maybe they can prescribe something that settle your mood. Jobs can affect your emotional well being definitely, if you can't escape the negativity on a daily basis. Maybe doing the same thing in a different company?
So sorry you're sad. Give your gf a hug and cuddle with her. There's no antidote to sadness like love.
Be well

justkenisfine

justkenisfine

Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg
Feb 13, 2023
God I feel the same way. Worst part is my friends think I'm the "put together" one of the group because I'm doing well in school and have a long term relationship. My therapist describes me as "high functioning." I function but God not well. Thoughts and prayers for you, I hope both of us feel better in the future and find peace.

V

vcnt

Feb 26, 2023
Not knowing something does not make you dumb, we all don't know things until we know them. This does not make you dumb.