• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C:/

Apr 10, 2023
What is the proper method for burning yourself? It seems as a more effective method as I would much rather be burned than using a knife/razor.

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I don't think there is a "proper" way to do any kind of self harm. I'm not sure if you're talking specifically about cigarette burns, using a lighter, using a hair straightener or something? There's no straight textbook for this sort of thing. Maybe someone else will have a more helpful answer though

My only advice is to make sure you get sterilizing alcohol wipes or something and bandage that shit afterward, seriously. I know it's easy to have no regard for your own wellbeing when it comes to self harm, but sepsis/infection is no joke, especially depending on what method you're using to burn

Apr 10, 2023
I don't think there is a "proper" way to do any kind of self harm. I'm not sure if you're talking specifically about cigarette burns, using a lighter, using a hair straightener or something? There's no straight textbook for this sort of thing. Maybe someone else will have a more helpful answer though

My only advice is to make sure you get sterilizing alcohol wipes or something and bandage that shit afterward, seriously. I know it's easy to have no regard for your own wellbeing when it comes to self harm, but sepsis/infection is no joke, especially depending on what method you're using to burn
I do use a lighter, as i believe that the scars wont be as concerning as self harm scars. I tend to wince involuntarily away when i use a lighter but I find using a hot piece of metal is a lot easier to just jam into my skin.

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
What is the proper method for burning yourself? It seems as a more effective method as I would much rather be burned than using a knife/razor.
Girlllllllllll, I'd rather stay alive than get burned alive. I wish I had that level of determination.

CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Basically what the other member said. Clean the area before and after and don't pop the blisters. Let them pop on their own and if they do pop keep them clean and wrapped up.

If you look for different ways then there's boiling water, hot metal, cigarette burns, with a lighter or even freeze burns like- once I've head one talking about freeze burns with aerosol deodorant. Just by holding it against the skin and press it can cause 3rd degree burns. It's easily accessible but please be really careful with this type of sh. You maybe have to go and get medical treatment yk.
And maybe use some antibiotic ointment

Much love and hope you don't get an infection or this kind of shit

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Call me a biased piece of shit on this but like, can we not be teaching people the proper way to burn oneself? I'm all for you do you and "I self harm and don't want to die from it how do I avoid that?" but maybe let's not tell people how and leave it at a whole "don't do that it's a bad idea."

I say this because it sounds like this person is asking how to do it and is currently not someone who does this.

Makes me super uncomfortable that instead of thinking about how that's a good way to go to a hospital visit, you'd rather teach someone how to minimize scarring. Even if you want to die, this puts a lot of money and a hell of a lot of suffering on the line, more so than cutting.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshersGirl