Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
so i know there's already posts like this but the thing with me is that I'm pretty young and have both parents that would definetly want a funeral for me. I know that funerals are for the living but i truly hate the idea of funerals and dont want one to happen after i die. even if i write a will, my family might not stick with it, my biggest fear is open casket funeral honestly, i just hate the idea of it. id just want to be cremated and done. so what can i do to make sure that my parents stick with it and that they cant make my funeral happen? i dont have money to get the uhh law person thing ???idk what its called in english sorry, but like the stamp from the notar that makes the will official and all, im a student and im broke af. i just for the love of god dont want a god damn funeral

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Wrennie, Pen>Sword and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've wondered the same many times.
I have no idea what the law procedures are but I just hope that leaving a letter asking my family not to have a funeral for me is more than enough.

Still, I don't know why we worry about this. I mean, we'll be dead after all so, we won't feel shame or anything like that if there's a funeral for us lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nopointofliving, Defenestration, Wrennie and 2 others
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
^^ What WornOutLife said... but you could also make it more than a letter.
Title it formally something like "my final request"
Then say something simple and straightforward "my final request is that there be no funeral for me"
Question... are you ok with a celebration of life? Because you could always then give your family the option by saying "i would prefer a celebration of life"
(As far as i know, this does not involve caskets or churches or anything... it's just people getting together to remember you)

Funerals- celebrations of life... are not for those who are dead. They help bring closure to those left behind- personally i don't care what my parents and family do. A celebration if life would be hypocritical- my life is nothing to celebrate... and a funeral... whatever. No one would go anyway.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, UseItOrLoseIt and WornOutLife
sunsetintehwoods

sunsetintehwoods

Same rules apply
Feb 22, 2021
I guess we just can't make it tottaly sure unless having proper motivation in will-letter. And then it will become their ritual.

Sometimes i think i'll go so far away that body cannot be found, but will not it be more harmful?

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
The best thing I can think of is writing a will specifying you don't want a funeral. Even then, you'd have to trust your family to actually honor it.

Reactions: Tkmiz_Tsukumizu and Pen>Sword
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Another thing that I had come up with so as not to have a funeral was making sure that my body is never found.
However, how could I do that? Sinking in the sea with some heave stones around? I don't have the guts to get drown lol.

Reactions: Nymph
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I am exactly the same.. I've made my wishes completely clear to my husband that I don't want a funeral, the idea totally grosses me out. People being cremated without a service is getting more popular though, in the uk anyway.. I think David Bowie even did it like that!
I don't feel like you need a legal will to ensure you get your wish.. just write a letter and give it to someone you trust. Why would your family not respect your wishes, they are totally legitimate?

• Hugs
Reactions: Adamsnolife and x~Sophia~x
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Aren't most funerals banned because of Covid? Here it would just be your family allowed I believe.

Reactions: nopointofliving
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I've wondered the same many times.
I have no idea what the law procedures are but I just hope that leaving a letter asking my family not to have a funeral for me is more than enough.

Still, I don't know why we worry about this. I mean, we'll be dead after all so, we won't feel shame or anything like that if there's a funeral for us lol
Yeah that's true, it's just for my own comfort for now I guess. I hope that leaving a letter is gonna be enough too, because I don't wanna go through complicated law stuff just to not get a funeral.
Aren't most funerals banned because of Covid? Here it would just be your family allowed I believe.
Yeah but I don't want a funeral at all
Another thing that I had come up with so as not to have a funeral was making sure that my body is never found.
However, how could I do that? Sinking in the sea with some heave stones around? I don't have the guts to get drown lol.
Yeahhh I thought about the same thing, like jumping into some volcano lmao

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
articledon

articledon

Student
Feb 27, 2021
My sister gave me a document called "Prepanning" where you check off what you would like done incase you pass away. I checked donate and the no ceremony box.
Whoops preplanning

Reactions: HenryHobkins
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I would make a video tape or voice recording of my wishes. Makes it hard to bypass compared to writing a simple letter.

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Prepay direct cremation or burial. Typically it covers basic casket, no funeral or attendees and if applicable ashes sent to named person.

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Why does it bother you so much? If they want it after you're dead what does it matter? This seems like you want to control everything. If you want to keep all that control don't kill yourself. You can't take yourself willingly out of the equation and say I don't want you doing xyz when I'm gone either. You'll be dead, who cares what they do! If you don't want an open casket smash your face up, if you really want nothing disappear

restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
If you're open to the idea, you could donate your body to Science.

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Burial at sea pls

Reactions: ClairyFairy