Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Unless this is only a problem viewing from my device my search titles never appear in bold like most of the other ones. Can somebody please teach me how to make my search titles bold before I post?

So as not to appear completely helpless, I did a search through the search function and nothing pulled up perhaps I haven't figured out how to search thoroughly yet.

Baby steps.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Search titles? You mean the title of your thread?
Some where's on this site there's bb codes. They MIGHT be your answer but I can't find them right now. If you can't find them or if no one else gets back to you when I get home I'll take another look for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Search titles? You mean the title of your thread?

Yes. On my end, most threat titles I see are in bold. But my titles aren't and I can't figure out how to make my titles bold. I have a difficult time engaging the bold key option in the header, so I don't know if this is my issue?

I just want my threads to "pop" visually like everyone else's. I understand that a bold thread title will naturally attract more views.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm pretty sure the bold threads are just threads in which there are posts that are new since your last viewing of it or since your last login. You can format text in posts but not in titles.

Reactions: Skathon, Life_and_Death and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I'm pretty sure the bold threads are just threads in which there are posts that are new since your last viewing of it or since your last login. You can format text in posts but not in titles.

It's interesting on my end because I see perhaps 80% of all threat titles in bold. And of the 20% of the threat titles that aren't bold, all but about two or three of my threads fall into this category.

I figured randomly some fat finger typing on my end resulted in a couple of my threads visually appearing to be bold.

Thank you for the reply. No biggie on my end. Just being overly anal retentive perhaps.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
It's interesting on my end because I see perhaps 80% of all threat titles in bold. And of the 20% of the threat titles that aren't bold, all but about two or three of my threads fall into this category.

I figured randomly some fat finger typing on my end resulted in a couple of my threads visually appearing to be bold.

Thank you for the reply. No biggie on my end. Just being overly anal retentive perhaps.
Are the ones that AREN'T bold ones you've looked at or are they random. Because I've noticed that the font on one's I click on is different

Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Are the ones that AREN'T bold ones you've looked at or are they random. Because I've noticed that the font on one's I click on is different

I can't figure out any correlation as to what's bold and what's not bold from the threads I'm posting. when you look at one of my threads in the feed does it look bold on your end?

For instance this title when you look at it in the feed does it appear bold?

And I appreciate you taking the time to assist me.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I can't figure out any correlation as to what's bold and what's not bold from the threads I'm posting. when you look at one of my threads in the feed does it look bold on your end?

For instance this title when you look at it in the feed does it appear bold?

And I appreciate you taking the time to assist me.
Yours are bold. Until I click it. Try clicking on a title that is bold for you. Then click the button in the top left that brings you back to the section where you clicked on the thread. It should not be bold when you click back.

It's cool dude I don't mind :hug::heart:

Reactions: Soul, Deleted member 1465 and Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Bold is a function of whether you have opened the thread, not a property inherent in the thread itself.

Reactions: Skathon and Soul
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Bold is a function of whether you have opened the thread, not a property inherent in the thread itself.
thats what i thought. i noticed this to. i thought it was kinda weird and i couldnt figure out why. much like OP i couldnt find a pattern to the whole mess. (of course i also have memory issues and am sometimes surprised at the things i already commented on, not to mention what i even said on them.) so i started to pay attention to what i was currently doing and i noticed if i click on one it does that. it was a whole mystery novel and i loved it. The Case of the Tread in Bold lol.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Soul
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
so i started to pay attention to what i was currently doing
An exercise in observation! So many times, if you pay attention to what you are doing there is an answer. Reminds me of berating my ISP constantly without first replacing my microfilter.