Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I'm always depressed 24/7 no matter what i do, when something bad happens i keep thinking about it and can't let it go.. my mind is never at ease. i can't shut it down. it's so tiring

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25, offbalance, drmihilo and 2 others
a_dead_mess

a_dead_mess

Aug 8, 2022
indulge in something ... anything. studying, hobbies, gaming. the longer you distract yourself the further you'll be from your thoughts. my thoughts are the primary reason I want to ctb

• Love
Reactions: doormat25, deathxo and KushComa
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I was watching this talk by the late Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh the other day, and found it very helpful. In short, most people are constantly trying to run away from thoughts and feelings that they don't want to feel, which actually leads to a vicious circle.

Reactions: scared:bug, carac and Firegirl
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
indulge in something ... anything. studying, hobbies, gaming. the longer you distract yourself the further you'll be from your thoughts. my thoughts are the primary reason I want to ctb
i can't, too numb... and gaming doesn't work since i don't feel any sort of fulfillment.. just a waste of time

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Substitution and diversion can work. However, it can also be useful to try to identify why the thought is amplified. For example, If someone said something rude to you, you might hold on to it thinking of what you might have said or done in response. these sort of thoughts can be minimized by reflecting that the person is a jerk and what he says should be expected to be hurtful.

Some thoughts are held onto sort of as self-punishment. Others can be held because they provide a sort of emotional intensity. Intrusive thoughts can also be bothersome. One might be able to slowly develop an ability to take control of the thought process by first working at the fringe. If an occasional peripheral thought comes up, you might counter with doing multiplication tables.

In the movie "New Leaf" Walter Mathau comments that he could engage in any romantic activity with an urbanity born of disinterest. That line captures a little of the world weariness that a consumptive or jaded life can bring. Those who struggle more to make a living or seek ways to help others can find that their level of activity tends to allow little opportunity for thoughts to grow out of proportion.

S

scoliosisking

Aug 2, 2022
1. meds can help your mind stop racing if you can get access to a psychiatrist
2. find a way to distract yourself. listen to music, find a hobby, any way to exert that energy.
3. whenever I can't get my brain to shut up I eat a sour candy. My therapist recommended it. I keep warheads on me at all times and any time I start having a flashback, dissociating, etc I just eat a sour candy.

y'ffre

y'ffre

My English could be bad :)
Aug 15, 2022
There is a book called- Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts
It's a wonderful book (you can also read reviews on amazon) if you can read it (If you have the energy), I highly recommend it.

drmihilo

drmihilo

desperate
Jul 30, 2022
I'm always depressed 24/7 no matter what i do, when something bad happens i keep thinking about it and can't let it go.. my mind is never at ease. i can't shut it down. it's so tiring
I feel the same way, friend..... My thoughts are in perpetual chaos and my personality is unstable. I don't know how to solve it.