deadprincess

deadprincess

Aug 21, 2018
will i just know or are there some questions i should be asking myself? i'm still thinking over stuff.

Reactions: Tiburcio, throwaway123 and GoneSeptember2018
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
I think for everyone the questions are different. For me it's the following:
1. Did I try everything I possibly or willingly could to improve my situation? If yes, that is one answer.
2. How likely is my life going to change given my resources, support, and will? If the answer is low to none, that is another answer.
3. How will my future objectively look if I keep on this way? If suffering is a dominant theme, there is another answer.
4. Has my suffering far outweighed my experiences of peace or pleasure? In other words, is your quality of life chronically low to none? If yes, another answer.
5. Do I still have any attachments left in this world? Whether food, sex, people, hobbies? If no, another answer.
6. Am I at peace with my life, including my accomplishments, mistakes, traumas? If yes, there's another answer.
7. Am I prepared for death, whether it's nothing or an afterlife? Am I ok with non-existence? If yes, another answer.
8. Have I let go of any feelings of guilt as a result of this decision? If yes, another answer.
9. Do I have a method and plan that is well thought out and reliable? Can I create the right conditions to lessen the risk of failure? If yes then another answer.
10. Am I emotionally ready to go through with this? If yes, then I'm ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: anelakapu, solacely, Bandzbandz and 10 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I think for everyone the criteria is different. For me it's the following:
1. Did I try everything I possibly or willingly could to improve my situation? If yes, that is one answer.
2. How likely is my life going to change given my resources, support, and will? If the answer is low to none, that is another answer.
3. How will my future objectively look if I keep on this way? If suffering is a dominant theme, there is another answer.
4. Has my suffering far outweighed my experiences of peace or pleasure? In other words, is your quality of life chronically low to none? If yes, another answer.
5. Do I still have any attachments left in this world? Whether food, sex, people, hobbies? If no, another answer.
6. Am I at peace with my life, including my accomplishments, mistakes, traumas? If yes, there's another answer.
7. Am I prepared for death, whether it's nothing or an afterlife? Am I ok with non-existence? If yes, another answer.
8. Have I let go of any feelings of guilt as a result of this decision? If yes, another answer.
9. Am I emotionally ready to go through with this? If yes, then I'm ready.

Wow you really mentioned it all.This should be stickied. The last two were the hardest for me. It took me years to "let go".

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and GoneSeptember2018
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
Wow you really mentioned it all.This should be stickied. The last two were the hardest for me. It took me years to "let go".
I added an obvious one I forgot about. I feel I'm getting to #10 and it's so odd.

Reactions: throwaway123, lv-gras and Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
If you have any doubts, any at all, you are not ready and it is not the thing for you.
I ordered SN and shit got real-I realized I am not ready to die in peace quite yet.

Reactions: lv-gras and GoneSeptember2018
T

Tiburcio

It's not so much if you think you are or you are not ready. The fear of suicide is extreme; no matter of how ruined are you or how you thought well it and came to the conclusion is the best for you, when the moment is here, we are scared as hell and that's very difficult to solve.

Reactions: dhk96, Anarchy, NoMore and 2 others
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
It's not so much if you think you are or you are not ready. The fear of suicide is extreme; no matter of how ruined are you or how you thought well it and came to the conclusion is the best for you, when the moment is here, we are scared as hell and that's very difficult to solve.

Being scared of death is normal and natural. However, if you are so sure that you cannot stand one second more of this hellhole and want to die NOW, even by means of poisoning and you have that feeling all the time-then you are ready.

Reactions: Bandzbandz, GoneSeptember2018, lv-gras and 2 others
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
Hence #10. I have re-read Malice's posts and he seemed like he forced himself through the fear (though I can't say for sure). I think others do it when they're very emotional or in a daze/fog/numb.

Reactions: Anarchy, throwaway123, lv-gras and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

Hence #10. I have re-read Malice's posts and he seemed like he forced himself through the fear (though I can't say for sure). I think others do it when they're very emotional or in a daze/fog/numb.
How he did it???

Also he had a peaceful method as N is, another way to go is more scary (which it doesn't mean peaceful ways aren't scary).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Anarchy, lv-gras and GoneSeptember2018