AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
My most common method of self harm is my wrist. It's always out of anger. It doesn't draw blood but it leaves a red dent. This has always been my method of SA since I was a kid. How do I go about hiding these scars and what are some more clean/not visible methods if possible?

Reactions: skies
skies

skies

left in the rain
Mar 13, 2020
long sleeves are probably the best way, you can always try to position the marks away from their line of sight while walking too depending on how obvious they are

if you're gonna keep self harming maybe start doing it somewhere else like upper thighs or upper arms, be safe

Reactions: DoomValuer and Fimbulvetr
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
long sleeves are probably the best way, you can always try to position the marks away from their line of sight while walking too depending on how obvious they are

if you're gonna keep self harming maybe start doing it somewhere else like upper thighs or upper arms, be safe
I always bite my wrists. It's instinct at this point. It's ingrained in my brain like the part of your brain that makes you run at the sign of danger. Impossible to bite anywhere else. At least for me. Not to mention my parents are still gonna ask about me wearing a jacket

skies

skies

left in the rain
Mar 13, 2020
I always bite my wrists. It's instinct at this point. It's ingrained in my brain like the part of your brain that makes you run at the sign of danger. Impossible to bite anywhere else. At least for me. Not to mention my parents are still gonna ask about me wearing a jacket
maybe try walking with your hand inside your pocket more

this one could be silly but if you play games at all, buy a gaming sleeve and wear it around and if they ever ask just say it's to help you play better and you just find it comfortable or somethin

you could always put makeup on it too but that's kinda annoying

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
maybe try walking with your hand inside your pocket more

this one could be silly but if you play games at all, buy a gaming sleeve and wear it around and if they ever ask just say it's to help you play better and you just find it comfortable or somethin

you could always put makeup on it too but that's kinda annoying
That'll be suspicious as hell, not to mention I don't own makeup.

Last edited:
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
Bracelets, a sweater, not a jacket. Fake being sick to get out of it, if you need to prove that you're sick just hack up for a couple minutes in the bathroom and act like you just threw up. Pretend you got invited out somewhere and you just cant pass up the invitation. Orrr say an animal bit you at some point in the day? (Read your post about the dinner)

Reactions: Fimbulvetr
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I used to self harm on my tattoos. Burn, bite, thumbtack poking. If you're going to keep doing it maybe consider a tat.

Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023

Yeah, I used to primarily cut on my thighs. Very good for hiding. Sort of a pain in the ass, though.

SleepySept

SleepySept

Nov 7, 2023
If you just want something on the spot to hide them, cover them up with marker or paint and say you accidentally made a mess. It probably wouldn't work twice however.
Bracelets, a sweater, not a jacket. Fake being sick to get out of it, if you need to prove that you're sick just hack up for a couple minutes in the bathroom and act like you just threw up. Pretend you got invited out somewhere and you just cant pass up the invitation. Orrr say an animal bit you at some point in the day? (Read your post about the dinner)
I knew a puppy that really likes to bite people on the arms or ankles so it can work to say a new neighborhood puppy is doing it.

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
It's a bit too late for that, now I just need things for future reference.
I used to self harm on my tattoos. Burn, bite, thumbtack poking. If you're going to keep doing it maybe consider a tat.
I don't have any tattoos to hide such a thing
Yeah, I used to primarily cut on my thighs. Very good for hiding. Sort of a pain in the ass, though.
I wish I had the bravery to cut.
If you just want something on the spot to hide them, cover them up with marker or paint and say you accidentally made a mess. It probably wouldn't work twice however.

I knew a puppy that really likes to bite people on the arms or ankles so it can work to say a new neighborhood puppy is doing it.
I don't draw with markers so that's a no, plus I don't need my parents looking through that stuff/thinking it's something worth looking through

• Hugs
Reactions: Fimbulvetr
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
Get into making beaded bracelets. The easy ones with the bright colored cheap beads. Make lots, add silly sayings with letter beads, fun colors, give em out to friends and family- and wear several at all time to cover marks. The more believable you are with your "I just think its fun and its really relaxing" the less suspicious people will be of you wearing things suddenly (also as a lover of making silly bracelets- it is fun and relaxing :P)

Editited to add- a good one time use excuse if someone noticed is to immediately start itching at the area when questioned (in part to obscure it looking like a human bite) and say you touched a plant or something similar and its been itchy all day but 'not to worry cause its been getting less itchy as time has passed'

Last edited:
Reactions: mallows
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
Get into making beaded bracelets. The easy ones with the bright colored cheap beads. Make lots, add silly sayings with letter beads, fun colors, give em out to friends and family- and wear several at all time to cover marks. The more believable you are with your "I just think its fun and its really relaxing" the less suspicious people will be of you wearing things suddenly (also as a lover of making silly bracelets- it is fun and relaxing :P)

Editited to add- a good one time use excuse if someone noticed is to immediately start itching at the area when questioned (in part to obscure it looking like a human bite) and say you touched a plant or something similar and its been itchy all day but 'not to worry cause its been getting less itchy as time has passed'
I unfortunately don't have the money for that sort of thing.

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
Bumping because it happened again

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Could a wrist brace like those used by carpal tunnel sufferers work? Easy to get and if you spend time on a computer it's common.
Then if people see you with it, and without it there are marks, you can say it irritated your skin.

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Long sleeves are your best bet here. Rubbing/massaging the marks can also make them less visible.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Usually stay out of these sh threads but I've actually been there before so maybe wear a tight bracelet. Stay it's causing marks or whatever.
You can also wear a watch if you aren't the bracelet wearing type.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I've self-harmed around my inner wrists before and, at least from my experience, usually nobody notices. Anyways, if you want to cover up the marks then you could try wearing concealer or just wearing long sleeves, bracelets, scrunchies, wrist bands, etc.

Levia@than

Levia@than

They/Them
Dec 20, 2023
I would try gloves. Specifically the long fingerless ones. From my experience, a lot of long sleeves don't cover up the wrist area well. Gloves do a great job at covering up the wrist and forearm while also looking pretty cool in my opinion.