Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hey everyone I need some help, my parents don't believe that I have depression but think I'm extremely lazy and just don't want to do anything. They think that I don't want to get better and that I don't even want to put a little energy to better my life. The thing is that I'm lazy but it's because I'm apathetic, suicidal, have no motivation and no energy. I don't feel like bettering my life because I'd rather just die and not have to do anything at all. Even just existing is sucking all the energy I have. My mom was annoying me today and wanted me to explain to her how I feel but then she starts talking about how I'm just lazy and don't want to do anything. It's hard to collect my thoughts and tell her how I feel. Plus I'm really bad with words and I hate expressing myself through talking, I hate communication. She doesn't even speak English but I prefer to talk in English so if anyone has some ideas how I could tell her I'd translate it to my language and tell her. I know this seems like a lame question-so like you want someone to write a letter to you so you can give it to your parents?? Idk man I'm bad with words and I need some help, it's getting unbearable here and I just have so many personal issues and she just keeps jamming "you're a lazy pos" into my head.

Edit: I have gone to a psychiatrist and I do take medication. She only diagnosed me with anxiety disorder but the meds I take are for depression too and by my behavior I think any sane person would realize I'm depressed. Honestly I don't know what my parents are expecting of me to say because there's no other way to say it then that I just have depression. She told me she doesn't like that answer though.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: reggiesaurus, disabledandhopeless, Sinai Silence and 2 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Are you comfortable maybe taking her to your doctor and having them talk to her and explain it? Maybe if she hears it from a professional it might hit her a bit differently.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
:hug:

Invite your parents to a session. Seriously. Your pdoc can't speak on your behalf but if you're in the same session, you can speak your mind with her support and talk to your parents about the medical side of things.

Failing that, I would print out medication information with your diagnosis on it (showing that's why you're taking it) and also have a print out of the condition. Then they have to face the science. It could start the conversation.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
. The thing is that I'm lazy but it's because I'm apathetic, suicidal, have no motivation and no energy.

To me there is a huge distinction between depression and lazyness. Depression is a sickness, something you cannot control with sheer will power. It affects you both mentally and physically. You cannot will yourself healthy.

Lazyness is when there are no mental or physical impediments but you choose not to perform tasks because you don't want you.

If your mom is open to it, you could give her a few articles on depression so she can educate herself about how it affects a person's ability to function.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Are you comfortable maybe taking her to your doctor and having them talk to her and explain it? Maybe if she hears it from a professional it might hit her a bit differently.
I suggested that but she said she won't come
:hug:

Invite your parents to a session. Seriously. Your pdoc can't speak on your behalf but if you're in the same session, you can speak your mind with her support and talk to your parents about the medical side of things.

Failing that, I would print out medication information with your diagnosis on it (showing that's why you're taking it) and also have a print out of the condition. Then they have to face the science. It could start the conversation.
I told her about this but she said she doesn't want to go and wants to hear it from me