M

myaccount1104

Mar 16, 2023
i self harm with razor blades and the deepest ive gone is to the layer where it turns white. i heard if you hit the fat layer it will scar forever, but ive also heard of people cutting more shallow cuts and having those scars stay forever. im sorry but i just feel like having permanent scars is the only way i will ever feel valid.

• Love
Reactions: kittyswift and Firework
Firework

Firework

Nov 27, 2023
i dont have any deep cuts like you but i do have scars. i think if u dont cut to deep and u dont treat it via rubbing alc it might work for you

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Make sure it's what you want first.

Unlike tattoos, it's very hard to get rid of scars in the future.

You'd body could well look a horrible mess for life, however long that is.

Reactions: dreamingofrest and LeperGnome
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
in the deeper bit of the white layer it will scar, and fade to white fairly quickly. cutting into fat it will take much longer and be a more prominent scar- i have scars that are 2 years old and still aren't fully white yet

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i have scars that are still here over a year later, big huge ones that are a centimeter thick, but also supper supper skinny/tiny ones. razor blade ones, especially from good razors i've found are reallyyyy good. they've caused my biggest cuts, they go through skin like paper. razor blade ones only stay if you go really deep and quick (when i say like paper though i mean it, go light at first and then you can test out different strengths). for tinier cuts staying, i recommend something more dull and going slow actually. slowly dragging something still somewhat sharp but also somewhat dull can cause scars to stay.

final thing this is horrible horrible don't try but if you do be extremally careful. so usually when i would cut, i would disinfect it, clean it put bandages, etc etc. i've found though, when i don't take care of cuts as much, keep picking at the scab, etc, those are usually the scars that last longer. my worst ones have even gotten infected and i think those will probably stay the rest of my life (even if i didn't ctb lol). its really bad to let a cut get infected, know the signs and make sure you can take care of it when that does happen.

dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
It's your life and your decision but it isn't getting scars that's difficult, dealing with them after is. I had a period in my life where I SH'd bc of a reaction I had to SSRI's and those scars are one of the things that I regret most now. I don't know why you feel like having lasting scars will make you feel valid, but i just want to say that you don't need to do this (or anything, really) to be valid.

T

Thefuture

Feb 28, 2022
It's not worth it. I have scars all up my arms and huge ones on my thighs. I live in Australia it's hot as fuck as I need to always cover them. It's so embarrassing as you age. I gather you're young from this post. I really would suggest you find other ways to deal with this urge. It's pointless and detrimental to any progress you could make and you might think differently about it when you get older.

Reactions: dreamingofrest