E

Elaina

Student
May 16, 2018
I was thinking of asking for 98% pure nitrite for a curing method that requires high purity sodium nitrite

"My brother is working on a home curing project, following a recipe that calls for sodium nitrite. For the recipe it needs to be 98% pure. do you happen to carry or know wjere i can find this?" Is this sketchy to say? Any other convincing things i can say?

Im female, US, and pretty, so hopefully that will be advantageous since ive gotten free stuff for being nice

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: losing hope, Esedia and MissRevlon
MissRevlon

MissRevlon

Jan 4, 2023
Please honey avoid pulling others into such things without their consent. Think about how they'd feel if they found out they provided a substance that led to someone's suicide. Not only will they be psychologically affected, but they could even be imprisoned.

Reactions: ladylazarus4, cowboypants, apearl and 1 other person
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
Echoing MissRevlon's comment- don't drag someone else into this. On top of that your ask, to a professional that knows what they are doing, will be suspicious as fuck. There is no recipe that needs what is a lethal concentration of SN. A typical curing salt mix needs less than 10% SN to it's over 90% table salt. There is a reason most places will only sell 95%+ purity SN to businesses- there is no real home use for such a pure amount of it unless you are prepping hundreds of lbs of meats.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4, MissRevlon and Esedia