Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
So my doctor today gave me a sick note for two weeks due to anxiety and depression

shall I take it and send it to my manager or just leave things and go to work

how did your manager reacted to such thing? I'm scared he may judge me and think that I'm incompetent

• Hugs
Reactions: aneurysm, NodusTollens and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
You're doctor gave you a sick note, if your manager has a problem with that then he's a dickhead. Don't feel guilty, he gave you it for a reason.

Reactions: NodusTollens and hoffnungstod
Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
You're doctor gave you a sick note, if your manager has a problem with that then he's a dickhead. Don't feel guilty, he gave you it for a reason.
Thank you

my problem is that my doctor wrote on the note for anxiety and depression and I'm scared my boss will think im unableto doing work

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Thank you

my problem is that my doctor wrote on the note for anxiety and depression and I'm scared my boss will think im unableto doing work
Two weeks is nothing. Think of it as a well-deserved vacation. Hell, couldn't you just skip the doctor's note altogether and just ask to take some vacation time? That is, if you have enough saved up. Or maybe ask the doctor to rewrite the note and say it's due to stress. That could be due to anything, doesn't have to be work-related. You shouldn't have to feel obligated to go into detail about health issues anyway. In the US, health information is protected as private, between the patient and the health care provider. I imagine it must be similar in the U.K., unless I'm mistaken.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I did this 3 years ago. I was out for 6 weeks. They were thrilled when I came back. They were fine with me leaving. I only ever spoke with my hr department.

T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I would honestly worry about them replacing you if it says why you need the time off. Otherwise, I would just take it.

Take a look at how your boss interacts with you now. Also try to see if you can just work remote for the 2+ weeks if you can.

If I was your boss and you couldn't work remote. I would be worry how often this will come up