paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
I've been suiכidal for 11 years for fear of poverty. I look at the stats and I'm afraid I might fall into poverty and become homeless. The more I researched the more I found the rabbit hole is way deeper and all the cards are stacked against us. Only the top% can decide where this society goes, and the scenario where everyone is rich is impossible, because we need slaves to take care of the elderly and our children, and back in our ancestors' days it was even worse when everything was pretty much trying to kill you. We technologically advanced since, but not morally. There are lots of things that change in this world, we're no longer fish in ponds, but other things don't. Oppression and slavery are here to stay forever. A never ending cycle of misery, scarcity and basic needs not being met which leads to long term physical and mental damages.

Is there any comfort in this world at all? If this is the best of all worlds, I don't want to even begin to think what other worlds look like.

• Hugs
Reactions: AAE and Hero Remeer
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Therapy. Loads of therapy.

With the right therapist who specializes in my specific illness and circumstance; which took trying out a few therapists, one or two who were shit at what they do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen, mango-meridian and Hero Remeer
paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
Therapy. Loads of therapy.

With the right therapist who specializes in my specific illness and circumstance; which took trying out a few therapists, one or two who were shit at what they do.
Therapy won't cure my poverty.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hero Remeer
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
a lot of self work.

i tried going to therapist, physiatrists whatnot but between a complex situation (dont want to cause my brothers an issue) and "System cracks" ive been on my own.
ive been doing research for just under 10yrs trying and working to fix myself. and finally im seeing improvements (although suicide will always be an option to me, but thats a personal choice not a "MH must")

youre not wrong therapy wont cure your poverty, but i dont think it could hurt to go (unless you cant get a government thing, then it wouldnt be too helpful considering your issue is money. but even just doing what ive done and finding what you need and working on it yourself).
from reading your op it sounds like maybe a different perspective could be beneficial. like you said, you fell down a rabbit hole. and now youre looking at everything and worrying. its good to look at the big picture and be aware, but you also need a healthy balance of "pinpoint vision" and you seem to be missing that. it sounds like taking a deep breath and a step back would be beneficial for you.

paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
a lot of self work.

i tried going to therapist, physiatrists whatnot but between a complex situation (dont want to cause my brothers an issue) and "System cracks" ive been on my own.
ive been doing research for just under 10yrs trying and working to fix myself. and finally im seeing improvements (although suicide will always be an option to me, but thats a personal choice not a "MH must")

youre not wrong therapy wont cure your poverty, but i dont think it could hurt to go (unless you cant get a government thing, then it wouldnt be too helpful considering your issue is money. but even just doing what ive done and finding what you need and working on it yourself).
from reading your op it sounds like maybe a different perspective could be beneficial. like you said, you fell down a rabbit hole. and now youre looking at everything and worrying. its good to look at the big picture and be aware, but you also need a healthy balance of "pinpoint vision" and you seem to be missing that. it sounds like taking a deep breath and a step back would be beneficial for you.
I don't have that much energetic resources to self-work. I can barely live through the moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: AAE and Hero Remeer
Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
There are a lot of great (amazing) experiences to be had in this life, and I can tell you that from almost six decades of experience. The last couple of years have been rough for me, but the memory of all those good times is what keeps me wanting to keep going and experience more.

I wouldn't say that I've recovered yet, but the longer we stay on this side of the grass, the better our chances become.

Last edited:
AAE

AAE

Mar 28, 2024
There are a lot of great (amazing) experiences to be had in this life, and I can tell you that from almost six decades of experience.
How many decades of experience do you have of being isolated with illness/disabilities and poverty while being abused by neighbors to the point where you've had to watch the love of your life wither and die?

Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
How many decades of experience do you have of being isolated with illness/disabilities and poverty while being abused by neighbors to the point where you've had to watch the love of your life wither and die?00
My suffering is very recent, but very intense as well..
How many decades of experience do you have of being isolated with illness/disabilities and poverty while being abused by neighbors to the point where you've had to watch the love of your life wither and die?
I'm a suicidal millionaire. Money doesn't mean all that much if you don't have your health as well.

• Love
Reactions: suffering_mo and AAE
AAE

AAE

Mar 28, 2024
My suffering is very recent, but very intense as well..

I'm a suicidal millionaire. Money doesn't mean all that much if you don't have your health as well.
Please forgive me. I don't know your suffering and I shouldn't have taken your post as a "you always have a choice to be happy" type post.

As for money it can mean a certain freedom, like affording an own house if one has abusive neighbors, proper health care and support where there almost isn't any for the poor, and so on. But it can't buy happiness and love. Of course a life can be miserable even with money.

I wish you the best.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle