Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
What age were you when you moved out, how did you do it? Any tips? I'm so desperate to move out, I know nothing about being an adult though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, lobster salad, death137 and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
18. If you have enough money, it's not as difficult as you'd think, but then that's true for most things in life. Even if it scares you, find roommates. You can have a way better place to live if you make that sacrifice. Some of the shit holes my anti-social friends lived in were downright terrifying. Do you have a car? Are there any bills you pay yourself?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith and nopointofliving
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I was kicked out at 18. I was told this was for my own good and that I would thank them for helping me become independent. I am pretty sure this was just an excuse because they couldn't afford to have me around anymore.

I am the prime example of why poor people shouldn't have kids. These self righteous nutjobs even have the audacity to expect gratitude for giving their kids shitty lives they never asked for.

Sorry for the rant. If you want to move out you need money. Like everything in life you need money. Get a job and some roommates.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi, HopelessAndAlone, BeautifulMosaics and 9 others
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
18. If you have enough money, it's not as difficult as you'd think, but then that's true for most things in life. Even if it scares you, find roommates. You can have a way better place to live if you make that sacrifice. Some of the shit holes my anti-social friends lived in were downright terrifying. Do you have a car? Are there any bills you pay yourself?
Money is a big problem. I don't want roommates honestly, I can barely even speak to people. No car either, I would've definitely live in my car if I had one. I don't pay any bills either. I really just want to do everything on my own but I don't know how, I'm not knowledgeable in anything, it's embarrassing. I've been thinking about trade school.
I was kicked out at 18. I was told this was for my own good and that I would thank them for helping me become independent. I am pretty sure this was just an excuse because they couldn't afford to have me around anymore.

I am the prime example of why poor people shouldn't have kids. These self righteous nutjobs even have the audacity to expect gratitude for giving their kids shitty lives they never asked for.

Sorry for the rant. If you want to move out you need money. Like everything in life you need money. Get a job and some roommates.
It's okay, you're allowed to vent. It's sucks that we need money for everything, housing should be a necessity, everyone deserves a safe place to stay.

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi and demuic
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I was 14 when I moved out to the streets and was then taken in by some friends. It turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. I integrated into my "new family" well and thrived in school and every other way I couldn't have if I had stayed in my abusive home with my parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi and Pisceslilith
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Money is a big problem. I don't want roommates honestly, I can barely even speak to people. No car either, I would've definitely live in my car if I had one. I don't pay any bills either. I really just want to do everything on my own but I don't know how, I'm not knowledgeable in anything, it's embarrassing. I've been thinking about trade school.

It's okay, you're allowed to vent. It's sucks that we need money for everything, housing should be a necessity, everyone deserves a safe place to stay.
If you don't get roommates, it's going to be an uphill battle for you. You're sabotaging yourself by limiting this option. You don't have to be BFFs forever. Trade school could be good. Idk as I've never tried.

Reactions: Pisceslilith
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
17. I had a bad experience w my first apartment. People like to take advantage of young adults, so beware of that.

Reactions: lobster salad and Pisceslilith
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm 27 and still haven't moved out. I don't think I could even if I wanted to since I'm Asian and expected to take care of my mom once she retires. At least I'll get ownership of the house but that sounds like a lot of work anyway.

I have lived on my own in college apartments briefly during my first two years of university. I cracked from the paranoia and isolation.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, lobster salad, Pisceslilith and 2 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
University and then just stayed in the city afterwards.

Reactions: Pisceslilith
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
I'm 18, it's hell at home. looking for good "first step" tips from those who moved out early. I.e. age 18 - 21

Because I have to. There's no one I can trust, my whole family spits behind my back and pretend they even care about me , the whole lot of fuckers. They manipulate and trick me and when I come back semi-hostile they wonder why, and they wonder why I don't talk and is so secretive...
I need to be left ALONE. I mean alone

I cannot work or rest in this conditions. They question everything i do. If I don't answer they grab my jaw etc. I don't think I can work because of that. Also I am retarded and slower than the rest at 90% of things , too stupid and lazy to focus on study.

I can wait but I think of killing myself everyday I'm not sure if it's gonna happen on impulse, earlier than I have preped for.

I am in Asia. have no money, no car , no freedom. My parents excercise full control over me in particular my mom. My "understanding dad" throws away my alcohol and lies about it as I have concluded today too

Feel a bit stuck. Is there something better to do than "wait for it to get better"

Help?

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, HopelessAndAlone, Pisceslilith and 1 other person
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I married rich.

I'm back at home now. But the divorce got me the car, so I sleep in it every once in a while.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Pisceslilith and patheticpartner