Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
This question is only for people who used to be ashamed of their scars but no longer are, not for people who have always felt positively or neutrally twords them.

How did you learn not to be ashamed of your self harm scars? What made you feel better about having them?

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
A lot of encouragement and acceptance from family and friends after expressing my feelings. They understand that it is part of me even when I didn't quite yet. I still get nervous after wearing long sleeved stuff/pants in winter all the time and it gets warmer.

I guess in the end I just had to accept that the damage was done and irreversible. And I was done torturing myself more by wearing long stuff during hot days, we already suffered enough. Sometimes I look at them and still get sad about the fact that I did this to myself but also proud cause they really do mean that I survived all my bad days so far. They really just are battle scars in the end of the day.

Also a lot of people are more respectful about it which helps a lot but I still get those dumbass people that stare at them and then later text me if everything is okay and they are always there for me (Mind you, they are scars and not wounds). I know they just wanna be nice but it is a 0 braincell move, ngl.
Sorry about the rant there lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlotte_