rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
If you've ever left someone who's been abusive towards you, whether it's family, a SO, or whoever....How did you get the courage to do so? Personally it's something I fear quite a bit, yet I'm tired of being treated like garbage.

• Hugs
Reactions: DunnoWhyButYeah, Dead Meat, Largeletters and 1 other person
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I still never know whether to call it abuse, but I was in a controlling and manipulative relationship for about a year and a half. It wasn't an ideal situation, I had been through the tumultuous situation of trying to leave, but being manipulated into staying, so I know how hard it is to leave. When I finally, finally left for good (it has been almost three months since the breakup and we have not spoken since due to the measure I took) I had felt fed up for some time, things that my ex had done to me couldn't be forgotten and I knew the relationship could not be saved. When I left I was in the state of mind to do so and had the resources and support to do so.

I'm sorry you're in this situation, I truly feel for you.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and rotten
Lalala

Lalala

Feb 14, 2020
If you've ever left someone who's been abusive towards you, whether it's family, a SO, or whoever....How did you get the courage to do so? Personally it's something I fear quite a bit, yet I'm tired of being treated like garbage.

I done it at age 19. I tried a few times, always stopped for some shit reason. But eventually I just went. Was hard, I was homeless etc but better than that situation

• Hugs
Reactions: rotten, Dead Meat and Largeletters
C

cantlive

Just a non-believer
Jul 6, 2021
By connecting with my emotions and remembering who I was. and it was not easy because it took acceptance, but then when I bore it it was easier to see a pathway (& not just perceptions.)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, rotten, Largeletters and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
By being a cheeky contrarian who enjoys other people not getting what they want

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and rotten
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Leaving requires money and autonomy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters and ollyoxenfree24
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
This is often particularly difficult with people we love and who know us well.

The bottom line is empathy.
If you manage to put yourself in the other person's shoes, the problem is only half as bad.
And it is important to let the other person finish and to really listen to what is being said.

We all make mistakes and don't like to admit them.

Reactions: Largeletters