N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Will there be more justice with less humans? Or I put it the other way around. Less humans, less injustice. The latter one sounds more logical.

What if people who would raise their kids properly in order to become responsible citizens stop having kids. But people who abuse their children will not stop to procreate. Would the equation less humans, less injustice still fit?

I am not sure. I don't want that this post gets too political. But I think rich people should give more money to the poor. There should be less economical inequality.

Disabled people should get more support. Free health care and liberal assisted suicide laws should be implemented worldwide. Free education and good therapy options for ill people.

Now a more difficult question for me. Should people who destroy lives be punished harder? Would the death sentence lead to more or less injustice? I think this is quite subjective. I am against the death sentence. There is evidence that many innocent people got killed. But this is only one reason.

Should drug abuse be illegal?

Is justice something that can only be reached if humans reach moral progress? Are we heading in the right direction? Can there be justice in this world? Should we give tit for tat? I mean many people abused me and ruined me. And most of them got away with it with no punishment at all. I once wanted make a thread about whether one can or should forgive them. But this is an idea for another thread.

Moreover there is the question what is the definition for justice. Do our laws and courts really produce justice? Is full justice just a naive dream? But I think there can be real differences. Life is often not fair. But sometimes it is. And sometimes the right people get punished. Sadly not that often.

Maybe the life of sentient being is always injust? Due to the fact we are all not without flaws.
Maybe the notion of justice is so important for humans as a concept so that they developed faith in a just afterlife. Without a doubt this notion can be comforting but I don't believe in it.

• Love
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Dissappointed, katagiri83 and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Amen. I guess the question is is fairness and justice the same thing? I'm all for rec. drug use being legal, rich giving to the poor etc. I think there's quite a lot of justice but not much fairness. Maybe laws need to be changed. Raise taxes to give to the poor, etc. I think some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
What I'm about to say will probably sound controversial, but I strongly believe it. Less humans - less injustice will work for a very simple reason - justice and injustice only exist in our heads, they are highly subjective abstract concepts. And most of the time, the concept of justice serves a very simple, but very dark role. For people who are conditioned to strive to be "good" and "morally right" and who have strong ethical beliefs, wishing suffering upon another human is generally perceived as "evil" and "wrong" and as something that makes you a bad person. The idea that a good person should have a lot of empathy and feel bad about someone else's pain and feel happy for others when they are happy is nearly universally accepted. So when a desire to see someone else in pain comes up, it creates a moral dissonance - I want this asshole to hurt, it upsets me to see them happy, but feeling like this would make me a bad person and I do not want to be a bad person! And that's when the mind comes up with a concept of justice - justice is an excuse that allows you to wish pain and suffering upon another human being, and still consider yourself morally superior. I want them to suffer because that would be just. I don't want to see them happy, because that would be an injustice. Everything works out. Additionally, the idea of justice makes one believe if they are hurt, they are entitled to compensation for their suffering, which is a hopeful thought.
So justice is nothing more than an imaginary idea that people use as a coping mechanism to deal with their own emotions, which is why it will never be universal and always remains subjective. All humans will never agree on what is just and what warrants punishment and what doesn't, because this is an issue based in emotions, in anger and fear.

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I personally believe that the concept of justice should be revisited and changed in people's mind. Most of it is still much dominated and regulated by false religious beliefs,delusions of some higher omnibenevolent sentient power and our warped understanding of issues surrounding morality. I think that if people were more honest confronting such dogmatic thinking, the real issues of justice can be tackled in more beneficial ways. Also they would be more open to concepts and philosophies like antinatalism,child abuse and trauma,right to die etc etc. Having said that., there is also some inherent injustice in existing here as human. Most of the times it just seems subjective. If it is proven that free will does not truly exists, then it gets even more complicated.