How could the debate climate of the forum be improved?

• Less negativity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less positivity

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • more moderators

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • banning certain members

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stricter rules for the people to become members

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • less emphasis on how pro-choice we are

• more emphasis on suicide prevention

• stricter enforcement of the rules

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stricter enforcement to seperate the sub-forums for their own purpose

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • everything is fine as it currently is

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Initially I wanted to make the possible choice that there should be a Youtube channel created by this site. But I changed my mind and focused more on the debate climate.

I tried to give possible answers which do not fit into the suggestion category likes less positivity/ negativity

There was criticism in the past that there was a competition who is truely pro-choice and who is not.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really think I understand what debate climate means and when I try to search for it, it brings up results about climate change but anyway seeing the poll I think I understand what the thread is about.

My view is that there should never be more emphasis on suicide prevention on here, the suicide discussion should be a place that is absolutely free from pro-lifers and their invalidating unsolicited advice and toxic positivity. It should be a place for people to vent who hate life, and who are tired of the insensitive pro-lifers that are everywhere else in this society, and I do often see pro-life comments on there and people pushing the idea of "help" which really doesn't belong there, I cannot stand anything like that.

And as well as that I often see people posting anything in there, things which aren't even related to suicide/wanting to die. So my improvement would be for anything like that to get removed from the main forum and put elsewhere on the site, so that those who hate life can have a place away from pro-lifers where the discussions are focused on suicide or are vents about wanting to die. This website should never become more pro-life, pro-life people repulse me, suicide prevention is just prolonging suffering.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't really think I understand what debate climate means and when I try to search for it, it brings up results about climate change but anyway seeing the poll I think I understand what the thread is about.

My view is that there should never be more emphasis on suicide prevention on here, the suicide discussion should be a place that is absolutely free from pro-lifers and their invalidating unsolicited advice and toxic positivity. It should be a place for people to vent who hate life, and who are tired of the insensitive pro-lifers that are everywhere else in this society, and I do often see pro-life comments on there and people pushing the idea of "help" which really doesn't belong there, I cannot stand anything like that.

And as well as that I often see people posting anything in there, things which aren't even related to suicide/wanting to die. So my improvement would be for anything like that to get removed from the main forum and put elsewhere on the site, so that those who hate life can have a place away from pro-lifers where the discussions are focused on suicide or are vents about wanting to die. This website should never become more pro-life, pro-life people repulse me, suicide prevention is just prolonging suffering.
I thought the term debate climate would also be common in English my mistake. I meant the atmospheren how debates and arguments are handled on here for example too aggressive or personal.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think this place functions very well as it is. Ultimately- it's an open forum for pro-choice adults. People are still going to have differing views- that's what makes it interesting. Anyone who is aggressive or too personal or militantly pro-life tends to get banned pretty quickly. It's going to be difficult for our mods to always weed them out to begin with because I expect they lie to get on here in the first place.

Some posts do probably end up in the wrong section but again, I don't personally see it as a catastrophy. People should just politely advise them it would be better suited in a different section and move on. That goes the same for any post that the reader may find too negative or, too positive. No one is forcing them to read it. I think this place works best when it gives a voice to everyone. Not just people who fit a certain set of criteria. People experience ideation in many different ways. People come here from many different walks of life. The beauty of this place for me is to see how other people think and view the world and how they try to navigate it with ideation.

Slightly off topic but my deepest concern is minors on here- who also must be lieing to get on. Don't get me wrong- I feel terrible for them and I sympathise. I've had ideation since I was 10- so- I do know what it's like. That said, it's my personal view that assisted suicide should be for over 18's. I'd say that- in providing explicit method information, this site does assist in suicides. I guess it's kind of ridiculous in a way. It's not like we wake up on our 18th birthday as adults but I suppose there has to be a cut off point somewhere. Anyhow- I'm not personally comfortable not knowing if a person is a minor. Still- it's not like they could be kept off here practically. I think anonymity here is so important. Plus, if we had to submit ID, I expect they'd simply fake it. Anyhow- that is my only major concern with this place. Otherwise, I'm so grateful for it and for our mods who must work tirelessly to keep it running.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
If the world stopped debating, everyone has a month isolated to work on their own spiritual wellness. Can anyone imagine that world.