whotookmylexapro

whotookmylexapro

Jan 19, 2024
I feel like my OCD is driving to ctb i swear. I try to look up the rates of suicidality among people with ocd and i find it shocking how low it is? Am i just an extreme case?

I can hardly function a normal life and ive been jumping from SSRI to SSRI like 5 times already and only 1 worked for about a year. Im terrified if i run out of options for meds because then i would truly want to ctb. Im literally just holding out to find a med that works for me.

I mention meds because i see reports that meds help people with OCD almost all the time but its so so for me.

I also find it sad that i would want to ctb because of my OCD because at the end of the day i know theyre just thoughts. But theyre terrible thoughts. I literally grind my teeth, clench my fists, and freak out every time i get a distressing thought. I literally cracked my phone once because I squeezed it too hard .

• Hugs
Reactions: Cepi, Forever Sleep and NoAIarmsNoSurprises
Cepi

Cepi

It’s not a bad existence, just a bad life
May 12, 2023
I had severe OCD as well and wondered the same thing. I think for most OCD is manageable but for those that can't, I truly feel it's the most debilitating mental illness out there. It occupies so much time there isn't any time for relief and it makes it all the more harder for people in the situation to CTB since they are busy in their minds dealing with fighting compulsions or thoughts. I always assume those who can't deal with it go on to commit suicide later in life when the pain becomes unbearable but I think severe OCD of that level is quite rare compared to that depression. I would suggest giving up your worries and doing an activity and being fully absorbed in something to see if nothing bad will happen. I think you're worthy of trying to attempt to break the thoughts no matter how disgusting or worrisome the feelings get. Your well-being matters more than OCD, remember that. Just take a chance and be human, fuck up and try again. CTB if you need to but take chances in life before making a permanent solution.

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Don't know about suicide but OCD ruined my life. I successfully learned how to manage it but it is too late.
Don't just pay attention to unwanted thoughts at all, regardless of how frequently or how many times they come into your head,
those thoughts are NOT REAL AT ALL. THOSE THOUGHTS ARE NOT WHO YOU ARE.

I would say that having OCD is not a reason to ctb. Please get help from a psychiatrist/therapist that can do wonders from you.
If that is not possible, read books, watch YouTube videos on how to manage it. Get into meditation.

Note that this is coming from someone who did nothing and suffered heavily for years. Don't be like me and don't just keep "waiting"

Reactions: fkyou
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
I have OCD and I truly believe it's the most insufferable mental illness after schizophrenia, especially my kind of ocd which is all encompassing.It is mostly refractory to all treatment and one can only hope to get a small relief.Becase of this I've little future prospects and have to rely on my family

My kind of OCD involves decision making