nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I know after 18, parents don't legally have an obligation to support you but even among my friends, I don't know a single person who was thrown out. Technically I know a person who was kicked out but he had a job.

When I mean kicked out is generally forced out of the house without any savings, education, or means to support yourself. Is this common?

Also, can people ever escape this rut.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Theodora
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
My mom basically kicked me out at age 19 but I was working in the strip club and could support myself at least to a decent capacity. Problem was it was a destructive job and no my mother did not love me or give a fuck what I was doing. I did not fare well at all. I came from single mother dysfunctional home. I had undiagnosed borderline personality disorder and some antisocial traits. It's common sadly. Many people come from shitty homes. I'm now 43. I had 5 abortions, a string of failed relationships, addiction, practically homeless but housed. In poverty and lack of stability. Yea not a great outcome but I'm kind of an extreme failure case I think. Not everybody ends up this bad off.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, peacefulhorizons, waived and 3 others
Theodora

Theodora

the phantom
Jun 25, 2020
my grandparents raised me.. I don't think they would ever kick me out i hope not that's all i have right now... if so then i would have no way of supporting myself..

Reactions: Final Escape
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I am on the opposite end. I think my parents should had been more strict with me and for sure should had kicked me out at 18. There is a balance that must be had. Being too protective and loving can create fragile adults and being too abusive and unloving can create fragile adults. Different types of fragility, but both self destructive in their own ways.

• Hugs
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
My parents were abusive to me when I left my home without money, education and place to go. They would not throw me out, however, I have chosen hardships and unknown over the constant abuse. Lived in a half-abandoned summerhouse with no running water, heating, fridge. Sometimes it was extremely cold inside and I was sleeping with 2 blankets and in clothes I worn to go outside, sometimes it was very hot but more manageable. But still it was better than being yelled, abused 24/7, could not go out then - was locked, did not have a phone, internet, pc. Could be beaten for nothing. They thought they did the right thing. Their luck in a state of affect I did not start using weights to make the abuse stop. I won't care about them on my final day, the shit I went through is nothing comparing to their possible grief.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and Abgrundanziehung
x51391225x

x51391225x

Jul 1, 2020
Graduated high school and got pregnant at 17, parents made me pay them rent and I moved in with the father a few months later. They did not want me to live there with a baby. So yes, kicked out. Never babysat, never gave me any money. And it was the best thing they ever did for me. I grew up quick.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and waived
MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I am on the opposite end. I think my parents should had been more strict with me and for sure should had kicked me out at 18. There is a balance that must be had. Being too protective and loving can create fragile adults and being too abusive and unloving can create fragile adults. Different types of fragility, but both self destructive in their own ways.
This was very well spoken or rather written. I too was one of those people that should have had my ass booted the f*** out the door.

A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
Well I'm living in a shelter currently as I'm homeless and I guess it depends on how much your family has been able to dehumanise you, as originally they didn't care at all.

• Aww..