Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
I thought more people would be on board with helping each other out with catching the bus. But most threads of people asking for ctb advice and ctb questions get way fewer responses than other posts.

We're not asking for a lot, we just wanna leave this world. As everyone knows, this is not easy to accomplish. It's actually way harder than most people realize. And not everyone has access to really easy and painless methods.

We aren't designed to delete ourselves. Our bodies will fight against that no matter what. I don't wanna annoy anyone, I'm just trying to get out of here, that's all I want. And I cannot have this fail.

Reactions: Prime0
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
It could be that people didn't see your thread in time before it got slided off the front page.

Or the people who normally answer those questions are not online at the time.

It's best to post in the megathread for the method you're going to use.

You can also use the search function to see whether your question has been answered before.
Usually this is faster than waiting for people to respond.

• Informative
Reactions: Weltall, AllCatsAreGrey, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
We aren't here to coach people. That is not the purpose of the site. There is plenty of information available to everyone.

I want to point out that we don't know the age of people here and we might be instructing underage people on how to ctb which would be unethical.

Another point is that no one is an expert on these methods, possibly unless they have medical training, and any advice usually is a guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: jar-baby, I Can't Say, Twntysix and 2 others
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
  • Encourage acts, ask for encouragement, or help anyone commit any acts.
    • Do not encourage, suggest, manipulate, coerce, or help users carry out acts of any nature whatsoever, including suicide; only provide factual information and emotional support to those who ask for it. Do not try to get the community to tell you what to do, only you can choose your path and actions.
- https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/rules-and-faq.4/

In the end, you have to be the one to decide what you want to do and how you want to do it. There are many resources available here that you can look into and then ask specific questions about. That is probably why most people avoid it.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, Vesiira, Weltall and 1 other person
ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
We aren't here to coach people. That is not the purpose of the site. There is plenty of information available to everyone.
Exactly, there is tons of information and details about attempts and experiences and such, with more to come as time goes on I'm sure.
Those are most helpful to me. You can use those to optimize and understand your method better than having someone else try to figure that out for you when you ultimately know your situation and limitations better than anyone else would.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Weltall
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Why do you assume that everyone knows the answer to such threads as after all you say in your post that suicide is very difficult which is of course true.

Surely that gives you some understanding as to why lots of method question posts don't get answered, in my case I really don't know much about specific methods as after all suicide just isn't straightforward for me, in fact it's the opposite, I'm only trapped here because of the difficulty and inaccessibility of suicide.

And anyway nobody is obligated to reply to any threads, people have to accept that if they are looking for replies on here it's not always guaranteed they will get them. Honestly it sounds like you have too high expectations for this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide, FailureToAll and Twntysix
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
There's laws, as well, and of course that depends on the poster's country and how it's enforced.

Being in the UK and how developments seem to be going - plus the law on what is legal or illegal regarding assisting or promoting suicide - I'm not personally going to leave myself open to prosecution when allegedly a reasonable search could find that information a person might be seeking to the ends you describe.

Pro-choice isn't seen to cross a legal line. So far. We'll see how it shakes down.

Reactions: Meditation guide, FailureToAll and Twntysix
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
There probably aren't many of us who are experts- so- people probably feel hesitant in suggesting things they don't know much about. The consequences of failing an attempt can be dire. I doubt many people want to start suggesting random things that could lead to a person severely hurting themselves.

There are resources here to read though- all the megathreads on the various methods. That actually seems like a better place to start looking. They have most likely been compiled from studies and sources rather than just asking a question and relying on complete strangers that they know that their response is accurate.

Plus- with things like the 'Online Safety Bill' in the UK, I imagine UK residents in particular are going to be more wary over what they talk about. No one wants to be accused of encouraging or assisting a suicide- that's potentially jail time.

Reactions: Meditation guide, I Can't Say, FailureToAll and 2 others
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
@Neogoloid
I don't understand your confusion about this question. This site contains more methods of suicide than anywhere else on the internet. At least I haven't seen anything more than here anywhere.

Hold on. All the best to you.