SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
I notice almost everybody is using SN to CTB. I was wondering why it's so popular, compared to other methods like using inert gas.

Reactions: CantDoIt and LifeQuitter
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
As far as the more peaceful methods, its arguably the most obtainable. Its also very documented

Reactions: maynoname, rozeske, cowboypants and 4 others
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Getting an inert gas setup is far more challenging than gathering what is needed for SN.

Storing 100g of SN is way more practical then keeping a nitrogen tank in your house if you live with others

Reactions: maynoname, donwhitman, rozeske and 6 others
SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Getting an inert gas setup is far more challenging than gathering what is needed for SN.

Storing 100g of SN is way more practical then keeping a nitrogen tank in your house if you live with others

That's true, although I'm just going to be hiding my tank in the closet.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
To add to what everyone has said: It's easy to execute (simply drink a salty liquid). It's very lethal and reliable if one follows protocol and does not get found early or call for help. It's logistically and technically much easier to put together than an inert gas setup. It's also like 10x cheaper than inert gas.

Reactions: maynoname, donwhitman, vanillamilkshakes and 3 others
4_science

4_science

Student
Apr 12, 2024
Sodium nitrate is also cheaper. It dissolves in water but I don´t deem it to be very safe. You´ll probably struggle to chug it down and keep it in. Depending on the dosage it might be take quite a while and won´t be pleasant.

A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Easily accessible, affordable, relatively peaceful, legal (depending on where someone lives I suppose) to obtain, easy to hide supplies, not very challenging to use.

I hope you find what you are looking for and find serenity & peace with whatever you decide.

SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Easily accessible, affordable, relatively peaceful, legal (depending on where someone lives I suppose) to obtain, easy to hide supplies, not very challenging to use.

I hope you find what you are looking for and find serenity & peace with whatever you decide.
Thank you, I hope the same for you as well. :)

Kokonoe

Kokonoe

Worthless
Apr 20, 2023

how is the method easily accessible? I hear about the method a lot but have no idea where to start on getting it.

Aura

Aura

probably hungry
Mar 22, 2023
how is the method easily accessible? I hear about the method a lot but have no idea where to start on getting it.
I know it used to be very obtainable from amazon and other retailers. Since a rise in ctbs related to it its gotten a bit harder to procure though. I did a bit of digging and found a maybe source for it that Im planning on using. Depending on your country it shouldn't take too long to find a source if you really go looking.
Im going for this one because it seems to be a fairly simple method at heart. Taking a couple drinks and then passing out really doesn't seem that bad. It also seems like the risk of permanent damage on a failed attempt is fairly minimal (i could be wrong dont quote me)

Reactions: Kokonoe
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I did consider inert gas. In some ways, it seems more peaceful. For me personally though, feeling confident about buying the right equipment was a stumbling block. Plus, my neighbours are nosey. If they see a large gas tank arrive, they'll want to know what it's for. If I say welding, they'll ask me to fix something! Plus, I don't want to store a big gas canister. Our welding tutor put the fear of God in us over what would happen if they toppled or got ruptured.

I just think comparitively, SN sounds more peaceful to a lot of other methods. Still not great of course. But, partial and SWB seem to fail a lot. Full hanging a lot of people don't have the space for. Jumping requires nerves of steel and people have survived some of the local jumps near me. Plus, a public method in general doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather not traumatise people if I can help it.

I don't think it's just a case of people copying each other here. I just think- given what we can legally access, it often seems like the best out of a whole lot of bad choices!

covwillgo

covwillgo

Sep 27, 2024
super anti climatic for ur final action as a being of choice and life. dying alone with sn is a mundane way to go. nothing abt it peaceful. if ur motivated enough in the moment ull still feel terrible and completely sorrowful, make is exciting so u enter nothingness with joy and thrill

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I was very focused on hanging as that is quite effective as well, and if done correctly you pass out quite quickly.

However I found it was difficult to achieve full suspension at home and with partial, my SI would not let me do it.

So despite being very scared of SN I think it will be easier to just drink something toxic than letting yourself pass out.

I do anticipate throwing my mobile phone and apartment keys off the balcony right after taking it, in case I get scared and want to call for help somehow.