L

Lycan

Dec 2, 2022
This is the only viable method I have. But How cold does it have to be? I'm a 30 year old male. I'm Chronically ill with Lyme Disease and an Auto immune disease Called Pandas. I'm 5 foot 7 and around 300 pounds.

Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
This is the only viable method I have. But How cold does it have to be? I'm a 30 year old male. I'm Chronically ill with Lyme Disease and an Auto immune disease Called Pandas. I'm 5 foot 7 and around 300 pounds.
Hi, I don't know if you're still there, but I'll give you a suggestion. You should try the hypothermia method, but it depends on where you live. This method can be quite easy and effective.

Reactions: Lycan
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
By definition if it's still liquid than the temperature isn't even freezing. This method won't work

Reactions: Lycan
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Expected Survival Time in Cold Water

Water Temperature
Exhaustion or Unconsciousness in
Expected Survival Time
70–80° F (21–27° C)
3–12 hours
3 hours – indefinitely
60–70° F (16–21° C)
2–7 hours
2–40 hours
50–60° F (10–16° C)
1–2 hours
1–6 hours
40–50° F (4–10° C)
30–60 minutes
1–3 hours
32.5–40° F (0–4° C)
15–30 minutes
30–90 minutes
<32° F (<0° C)
Under 15 minutes
Under 15–45 minutes

• Informative
Reactions: MiMif, Bufo, Hurtstomuch. and 3 others
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Does water temperature influence survival from drowning?

Paper III showed no significant differences in survival related to water temperature. One interesting finding, however, was that there was no survival after more than 15 minutes' submersion in water warmer than 15 degrees Celsius and survival after up to 40 minutes' submersion in water temperatures of less than 15 degrees.

Most drownings occur in warm water during the summer and the delay will make it difficult for the SFARS and EMS to access the drowning victim in reasonable time. This is problematic with regard to the above-mentioned findings relating to survival in relation to submersion time, as Papers I and V showed that the EMS response time was the most important factor for survival.

Cold water thus appears to be neuroprotective in some cases, but we are still in need of large observational studies in humans, well powered and adjusted for confounders to address the relationship between water temperature and survival from OHCA due to drowning. We speculate that Paper III was underpowered adequately to address the research question of how water temperature influences survival from drowning.

Attachments

• Claesson-avhandling-2013.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 0