• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Exit-Bag / Inert Gas: I will use argon.

But how can you tell how much gas is still left in a cylinder?

Reactions: ContinuousJump
BobMorane

BobMorane

wizard
Apr 20, 2021
Compare its actual weight with normal weight. Normally, the tank's weight should be mentioned somwhere. So rest tanks weight to the 2 mesures and then substract : Normal Weight - Actual weight = Weight missing and then divide Weight missing/Normal weight * 100% .That will tell you the % of weight of gas missing from the tank. You just multiply this * (Normal weight - tank weight) and that should give you a quantity of gaz missing. From there you can guess how much gas you have left. If it's too complicated you can send me a photo and ill give it a try.

Reactions: Predestinated and ContinuousJump
ContinuousJump

ContinuousJump

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
Jul 6, 2021
@bobmorane 's method is certainly valid.

In addition, cylinders almost always use regulators which almost always have pressure gauges. You know how much gas the tank originally contained by it's specifications, including volume and its original pressure, which are both almost always industry standards. And you know how much gas you have left by measuring the current pressure with the pressure gauge.

Remember, according to the recommendations of the PPH, you need a minimum of 15 minutes at 15 liters per minute of flow. Or, you need an absolute minimum of 225 liters of uncompressed argon remaining.

Reactions: Predestinated
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Compare its actual weight with normal weight. Normally, the tank's weight should be mentioned somwhere. So rest tanks weight to the 2 mesures and then substract : Normal Weight - Actual weight = Weight missing and then divide Weight missing/Normal weight * 100% .That will tell you the % of weight of gas missing from the tank. You just multiply this * (Normal weight - tank weight) and that should give you a quantity of gaz missing. From there you can guess how much gas you have left. If it's too complicated you can send me a photo and ill give it a try.
I only have an "analog" scale. Is that sufficient or do I need a digital scale, which is more precise?