A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I don't understand why euthanasia is illegal in the UK. Supposedly we're a somewhat progressive society. Then again, recreational drugs are still illegal, the NHS experiment is failing, bankers have gotten away with murder at expense to the tax payers, conservatives made a laughing stock of the UK with brexit, the list goes on.

But who knows, are there signs that the population want euthanasia? Why are politicians holding back? What have movements established so far for the right to die? Is there any chance of things changing in the next 10 to 30 years?

I think it's appalling that relatives returning from Switzerland having taken a relative to a euthanasia clinic are arrested and charged with murder or manslaughter. I don't even understand how that's plausible in law since all they did was accompany the person to another country. Its disgusting how they can twist the law like that and apply it so harshly on a whim. This facet gives me very little hope that there will be progressive change on euthanasia in upcoming years or even decades.

What the hell makes it so wrong to help someone die? Switzerland has more than enough safeguards to make sure that no abuse occurs and that people who wish to die are not being impulsive

Reactions: Prime0, LittleBlackCat, LittleJem and 2 others
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
New here, but I feel very much like this.

I find that euthanasia in Switzerland is there as the citizens don't need, need it. If they are a country of good morale/happy state of mind/living etc then it won't be used for mental health and reserved mainly for the terminal. So that said, the same would apply here, terminal only. And case by case mental health cases will struggle to be heard and gain access. Like Cannabis in the UK is a joke, look at the hypocrisy regarding the government and it's ties in the industry yet I can get a criminal record. Great illusion we're under. Unless humans can change on the whole, I don't think any human should exist at all, people's lives are so pitiful and meanless and they deny it and virtue hard work, hard work is putting aside vanity and gain and helping heal everyone's wounds together but we're selfish cruel creatures and consciousness was a gift, but has become beyond corrupted to serve someones 3rd yacht. Great times.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I doubt that it ever will honestly, sadly this country really is so anti-suicide where other people expect us to be prisoners to this existence until we die anyway. Having euthanasia legalised in the UK really would be such a relief to so many suicidal people, it would prevent so much unnecessary suffering.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
For government to accept Euthanasia, it admits there is a wronging in how a society is run (United Kingdom in my case). They won't allow that. As under legal ramifications, relatives of those euthanised would be fuelled to actually tackle government to improving lives, they can't and don't want us questioning them at all. And those all whom live under that ignorantly and think that, that's ok. May cancer be upon them.

Reactions: aGoodDayToDie