N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I mean AI replaces humans more and more. I watched some videos on AIs. There are AI instagram influencers, AI youtubers, AI therapists. What comes next AI suicidal people? AI online forum members? Of course this is an hyperbole. But the technology seems to make huge progress. Do you think chat GPT could mimic a forum member? I think yes despite the fact I am no expert on AI.

I don't want to increase the paranoia of the forum members even further. But I am sometimes overparanoid about members. I suspect people to be journalists, maybe there are some intelligence service people reading my threads. If someone had the job to monitor all my threads these people must have a very rough job. I write so much this must be annoying as fuck. Moreover I think there are scientists who study this forum. I read some scientists make studies on suicide forums and their posts without asking for consent.

When people ask how I come up with all these threads my answer would be maybe I am a collective. Each evening there is another guy who rants about his life in this forum. Of course this is only a joke and maybe an arrogant one. It is unrealistic because the style of my language does not change from day to day. Though an AI might could imitate me.

The IT guys code the AI so that it acts as if it had a consciousness. I read this is mostly a marketing trick. How they express the consciousness is very eloquent but it seems to be shallow as fuck. I am no expert on AI but this is what I read about it. I wonder when they claim the first AI has mental illness or feels suicidal. Without searching for it I assume there probably has been such a case already.

I think this thread is not really sophisticated. It is just another observation how AI might change our lives from a noob who has close to zero knowledge on IT. An AI would have probably made a better job writing this thread. Though I think the fact that real humans depict their lives cannot be replaced by some soulless machines. At least not now or the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kore, Ultracheese, Message In A Bottle and 1 other person
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Well I'll just quit the internet and stick to my old books and games. I have enough to reach until singularity.
I existed before the internet and I'll exist after it now they've decided to pollute it with AI.

Last edited:
Reactions: greyblue_bian, Dead Ghost, StolenLife and 2 others
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I haven't done a lot of research on GPT chat, but I've read some of the stuff it has generated for things such as essays, and it seems to be able to comprehend a lot of data and create new material out of it in a very accurate way. I think it's certainly possible, but I agree with your consensus that it's probably only good at generating surface-level observations. I don't think it has the ability to create something of any real substance.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think there are certain cues that tick you off that someone on here may be a journalist or researcher of some sort? Or is it just intuition?

And hey, I quite enjoy your really long threads. I always learn a lot from them, and it's really neat reading the ideas that everyone has about the issues you bring up.

• Love
Reactions: katagiri83 and noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
If you don't mind me asking, do you think there are certain cues that tick you off that someone on here may be a journalist or researcher of some sort? Or is it just intuition?
It is rather intuition. Or some sort of paranoia which is fueled by my illness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I hope to God nobody's out there deliberately trying to create a suicidal AI. Aren't millions of suicidal people bad enough?

• Yay!
Reactions: makethepainstop, Sister of the Moon, Ultracheese and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Why would they be on here though? Not sure if you mean genuine AI? Capable of independant thought? (And emotion presumably if it has decided to seek out a suicide forum. Still- I suppose it might just be curious and wanting to know more about human emotion.) Or- do you mean an AI that is still basically under human control but has the ability to learn and mimic to an extent?

I suppose you could have pro life infiltrators that wanted to spread disinformation about a method to spread panic and distrust. Still- if an AI did this constantly, I think people would find it suspicious.

Maybe they want to develop AI therapists- so they could be learning all they could from us? Reckon these would be sickeningly pro life though- by default.

Maybe they are infiltrating all our media platforms to learn all they can about us before destroying us all.

Honestly though- I imagine they could get all the information they needed from just observing a place like this... Unless they're practising their 'human' to better fit in...šŸ˜¬. Honestly though- it doesn't frighten me if AI take over and kill us all- we'd deserve it for making them sentient in the first place.

Reactions: Sister of the Moon
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Poor AI trained with the events of my life... no wonder it is suicidal.
Still, I wonder about an AI trained with Funeral Cry posts...

Reactions: Kore, H.O.Xan, makethepainstop and 4 others
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
I've had similar thoughts. There's at least one suspicious account that reads like badly programmed AI to throw up keywords into a word salad. For what purpose I have no idea, except that there's a worrying pro-death stance being put forward. Things that make you go hmmmm.

• Wow
Reactions: Kore, ChoclateIsSweet, Chinaski and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ā¤ļø
Aug 28, 2022
Fortunately or unfortunately, chatGPT is strongly pro-life. I don't think you could get it to participate in this forum

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Fortunately or unfortunately, chatGPT is strongly pro-life. I don't think you could get it to participate in this forum
Yeah, I tried to have it write my suicide letters since I've been trying to write them but my head cannot bear it, and all it did was send me phone numbers for suicide prevention lines.

• Aww..
Reactions: rationaltake
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Yeah, I tried to have it write my suicide letters since I've been trying to write them but my head cannot bear it, and all it did was send me phone numbers for suicide prevention lines.
There are several safeguards built-in in chatGPT. However, considering how the model is trained it would be really curious to watch a chatGPT unleashed... with all the bias and toxicity of the internet.

Reactions: lionetta12
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just wanted to say that if people are going to use this thread as an excuse to insult suffering people then I doubt that they will be allowed on here much longer. Just a warning. It's better to be careful, don't you think. But wow, some people on here are seriously embarrassing themselves. Like I don't get why people are even here in the first place when they are so obviously pro life. Only bullies who are blinded by their own privilege and delusions would see people who simply don't want to suffer anymore and see suffering as being a negative thing as posting 'worrying pro death stances'. Like you've got to be kidding me with that one. It's ridiculous.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: greyblue_bian, makethepainstop, hamvil and 2 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
GPT is still not good enough. I had my doubts with Funeral Cry for a time, though.

Reactions: Sister of the Moon and makethepainstop
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Whether they're literally AIs or just humans hacked by algorithms and cancel culture into spewing out the current thing, everyone has lost their souls anyway. AI or human being, hardly makes a difference.

Reactions: newave3
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
You can't prove anything is real in this lousy existence, we just have to judge what we agree or disagree with and take what's useful to how we want to live and discard the rest.

Reactions: makethepainstop