Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
I'm such a person and I don't understand it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LostinCyberspace and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because many people have to deal with other people in their everyday life, it's not always easy for people to completely isolate themselves.

Reactions: Lammpz, Sprite_Geist, NoLoveNoHope and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Because in the end, humans are all hypocrites.

• Yay!
Reactions: Professor K, Message In A Bottle, NoLoveNoHope and 1 other person
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Thanks for all the cats.
Jul 8, 2023
Due to hope I guess, futile as it may be. People get lonely, people need intellectual and emotional stimulus, they need socialization to function properly. It's a vicious cycle of getting lonely and bored, thinking I should engage with humans, getting burned by other humans or generally disliking the interactions with them, isolating, rinse and repeat. I can logically tell you people fucking suck, but I also have no other means of seeking "help" and I see no other means to or examples of happiness and contentment outside of what society has told me it looks like, and it looks like a strong connection to other people and community. People: can't live with em, can't live without em.

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope, cgrtt.brns and Ambivalent1
irie

irie

Mar 10, 2023
i think humans are social by nature, i think even if one perceives most people as being terrible human interaction is still some sort of need that has to be fulfillfed, i've tried many times but being completely and totally alone is actually relatively difficult especially over extended periods of time

Reactions: LostinCyberspace, NoLoveNoHope and Ambivalent1
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This can be for many reasons; one of which is the social pressure to be outgoing in many cultures or environments. For example: just look at the "quiet kid" meme(s) online - they are made in jest, but they are based off of many negative real-world experiences that some people have had.

I think it reveals an obsession that many people have about being talkative. The statement that "people are terrible" comes from an understandable resentment that more quieter individuals have developed due to bullying or mistreatment, and a quiet individuals willingness to talk to others, despite this, is done to avoid said mistreatment, or hostility from others - a viscous cycle.

You might willingly talk to others, but you are still reluctant to do so.

Reactions: LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
As a Roman Catholic I believe the desires of the flesh can cause people to do and say terrible things, but people can refuse to give in to those desires with the help of the Spirit and do and say kind things to each other, and support one another.