Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
As time passes, circumstances change, reaching a point that can be positive or negative for us. This can happen voluntarily or involuntarily. It is often heartbreaking to involuntarily bequeath negative circumstances because the frustration and helplessness that comes with handling unwanted situations over which we have no control is quite strong.

We are normally told that life is hard, this assuming that there is a fixed level of difficulty for every person in the world and that it is maintained from generation to generation. Nothing is further from reality. It seems that as the years go by, the level of difficulty increases, especially in the new generations, which makes living really complicated and puts us in the role of having to carry more and more weight on our backs.

Now, these things may trigger another new step: the frustration or agony of having to live. If you are like me who takes for granted what the next few months or years of your life will be like, this feeling will appear more regularly. We are a species that has artificially prolonged human lifespans, this makes me think that from the beginning, humans were not made to have long lives (we haven't even considered it), yet here we are. This creates a new paradox, which is the fact that we can have long but unhappy lives, or short but happy lives. Longevity of life is usually placed as a synonym for happiness, which in most cases is not the case.

I want to die because I see life as a tremendous burden that I do not want to endure, having to deal every day with strong emotions, managing to eat, dealing with constant loneliness, mental problems and depression, I simply do not want to have a burden like this. Ending my own life is easy to say, but the enormous emotional burden that comes with even trying is so strong that my only option is to get N.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: R_N, sanction, Praestat_Mori and 8 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree. We definitely aren't designed to live as long as we do. It's fine- I suppose if that person can still enjoy a good quality of life- and wants to be alive. Otherwise though- it seems cruel to me to artificially prolong people's lives who are clearly suffering and don't want to be here.

As for future generations having it harder, we can't really know. I used to complain about household chores to my Grandma. I soon shut up when she told me what life was like without a washing machine, microwave etc. I just think life is difficult in different ways for each generation. That said- I think people are at least becoming more aware of how hard life can be now and choosing not to have children to begin with. At least it is more acceptible to make that choice now.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Immensevoid and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also see existence as a burden, to me existing is very tiresome and unappealing. I see it as a curse having the ability to exist as a conscious being who is capable of suffering so extremely, existence truly is so torturous and there is no limit as to how torturous it can get.

I envy those who have Nembutal, I just hate how it's purposely made so difficult to die. But anyway I hope that you eventually find freedom from your suffering, it must be tiring what you are going through.

Reactions: sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
That is what some people don't get imo. There is no amount of mind difference that can help you in times of great misfortune. No amount of motivational stuff thrown at you from others or even substances will alter your mind to be able to cope in certain situations.

It is not about your mindset at all or how your brain is wired "wrongly". It is about life being as it is and body limitations.

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, ultrasharpy123456 and sserafim