• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

impossible

impossible

Nov 6, 2023
some time ago, I drunkenly made a post on this forum talking about some things and how a traumatic experience made me feel like I wanted to die. the next day, the police came to my parents house for a "welfare check" which included telling my parents exactly what I had posted and telling me "hey man things will get better!! well, hope you feel better soon. bye". about a week later, my dad got a letter saying his gun license was revoked.

I was stupid and didn't use a VPN, but even so, it still surprised me how easily they seemed to track me down from one post. I don't exactly know how this happened. I didn't say anything revealing about my location in the post, or in any of my posts, except for the country I'm in. my question is: how do I avoid this again? of course, I could just not post anything "wrong" but I want to be as anonymous as I can from now on. the backlash from one post was insane.

feel free to talk about your own experiences with this if you have any

• Hugs
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Neverfeltdeader, DepressedChemMajor, Forever Sleep and 4 others
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I'm very confused, why didn't they take you to a psych hospital? Maybe your state has a dragnet search for suspicious websites and when a relative has a gun or applies for one, it pings an alarm, or something. Have my doubts about your post. I don't understand how they got to you, it doesn't make much sense based upon what you said. Someone reported you and the mods handed over your IP? That happens on 4chan and Reddit but only when someone makes a murder threat or something similar. I seriously doubt they would do that, I only joined today but I trust the operators of SaSu to try their hardest to keep users anonymous. Maybe a family member saw your history when you were away from your device, and they wanted to spook you instead of confront you personally so they arranged a visit from LEOs? Anyway best of luck OP.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Sounds like someone in real life recognised you from what you posted maybe- if they figured out it was you- they'd know where you lived. That or, a very tech savy pro-lifer targetted you for some reason. Sounds really scary though. I'm sorry you had that experience.

Reactions: Worndown
impossible

impossible

Nov 6, 2023
I'm very confused, why didn't they take you to a psych hospital? Maybe your state has a dragnet search for suspicious websites and when a relative has a gun or applies for one, it pings an alarm, or something. Have my doubts about your post. I don't understand how they got to you, it doesn't make much sense based upon what you said. Someone reported you and the mods handed over your IP? That happens on 4chan and Reddit but only when someone makes a murder threat or something similar. I seriously doubt they would do that, I only joined today but I trust the operators of SaSu to try their hardest to keep users anonymous. Maybe a family member saw your history when you were away from your device, and they wanted to spook you instead of confront you personally so they arranged a visit from LEOs? Anyway best of luck OP.
no, they did not take me to a psych hospital. I cannot blame you for having doubts, I posted this a while ago and only now realized I left out the fact that the police first visited me because they had found I ordered SN. This was what prompted the initial visit. nevertheless, they returned the next day because of the post I made on SaSu, not because of the SN I ordered. they read the post I made here, word for word, to my parents.
Someone reported you and the mods handed over your IP? That happens on 4chan and Reddit but only when someone makes a murder threat or something similar.
I don't know what gave you that idea. if they know where you live, a suicide threat is all it takes for them to give you a welfare check.
I seriously doubt they would do that, I only joined today but I trust the operators of SaSu to try their hardest to keep users anonymous
it is the user's responsibility, it has absolutely nothing to do with the staff.
Sounds like someone in real life recognised you from what you posted maybe- if they figured out it was you- they'd know where you lived. That or, a very tech savy pro-lifer targetted you for some reason. Sounds really scary though. I'm sorry you had that experience.
I don't think so. I was not using a VPN and, in hindsight, I revealed too much information about myself. all it takes is one authorized request and an IP to find where a member on SaSu lives. TLDR: use a VPN if you want to avoid this entire headache.

Last edited:
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
I once mistakenly browsed for 20 minutes or so without turning my VPN on. Nothing came of it, but I was mad at myself for having forgotten this important step. Alas, I live in a third world country and I don't really think my ISP cares about my history. I think it's possible you got on a watchlist when you ordered your SN, and they probably got hold of all your history for that day, not only your SaSu browsing session.​

Reactions: BrainShower and impossible