• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
UPDATE

The mental health team have assessed me and they have placed me under section 2, up to 28 days. How can i get out early

Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Hey love..Maybe u should get the help? U said "up to 28 days" so there's a chance u may come out earlier.. :heart:

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Sensei and ghostspace
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
UPDATE

The mental health team have assessed me and they have placed me under section 2, up to 28 days. How can i get out early

Play nice. Try not to give them any reason to keep you longer than needed.

Reactions: Mooshi, Realityisawful, ghostspace and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
My advice: go to all groups, act like their advice helps. I don't recommend meds but that's up to you, they just like compliance, so comply with showing up for and staying in groups, go to meals. If they ask if their shit is helping say yes, you have learned so many tools and feel so much better. They'll probably do plans with you for what you'll do when you get out, so start working on that, like plans to see a therapist, what to do to calm yourself in crisis, who you would call like friends or therapist if you were in crisis, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Indieblue, Notcutoutforlife and 2 others
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Sorry, I think it will be very hard to get out early.
The best thing to do would be to take the advantage of where you are now. Like it is your own health and now you have a chance to get better. I do not recommend you pretending that everything is alright, just stay for a while and see how it is.
Sending you lots of love :heart:

Reactions: highlyvolatile and Sensei
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
My advice: go to all groups, act like their advice helps. I don't recommend meds but that's up to you, they just like compliance, so comply with showing up for and staying in groups, go to meals. If they ask if their shit is helping say yes, you have learned so many tools and feel so much better. They'll probably do plans with you for what you'll do when you get out, so start working on that, like plans to see a therapist, what to do to calm yourself in crisis, who you would call like friends or therapist if you were in crisis, etc.
Follow this advice. Take it from someone that has been hospitalized more than once.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Notcutoutforlife and GoodPersonEffed
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
But they are stopping my plan. At least my date to CTB is Augast after my holiday and when the campsite opens for the summer. Ishould be out by then. I will CTB for defo.

H

HopeDiesLast

self-banned
Dec 28, 2019
They allow you to access the internet and post on suicide-related forums while in the psych ward?

Reactions: Disintegration
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
But they are stopping my plan. At least my date to CTB is Augast after my holiday and when the campsite opens for the summer. Ishould be out by then. I will CTB for defo.

Just what exactly are you expecting someone to tell you???

As @GoodPersonEffed mentioned you should comply. However do recognize that compliance may help you get cured, which is a GREAT thing!

You can also not comply and then they will continue to "help" you as well!

This can be a win-win situation for you... :hug:

They allow you to access the internet and post on suicide-related forums while in the psych ward?

Different countries have different rules. US doesnt but UK does.

Reactions: Sensei and Jessamine
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Yep unrestricted good to keep up to date with u supportive people.

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Yep unrestricted good to keep up to date with u supportive people.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? Wonderful! Seems like you have a wonderful perception and unique sense of humor. I do as well as you can tell from my name.

new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Just what exactly are you expecting someone to tell you???

As @GoodPersonEffed mentioned you should comply. However do recognize that compliance may help you get cured, which is a GREAT thing!

You can also not comply and then they will continue to "help" you as well!

This can be a win-win situation for you... :hug:
All the information given already is really helpfull. I was not expecting any other answer to what was already given.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? Wonderful! Seems like you have a wonderful perception and unique sense of humor. I do as well as you can tell from my name.
I was not being sarcastic sorry if you thought i was. But I am glad i can keep up with all you supportive people.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Different countries have different rules. US doesnt but UK does.

Even in the US some facilities allow internet access. But always assume your online activity is being monitored.

Reactions: Indieblue and LMFAO FOCKERS
Anon2662

Anon2662

Just a girl trapped in a psychological prison
Feb 13, 2020
Even in the US some facilities allow internet access. But always assume your online activity is being monitored.

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question, but if I'm the UK and using my own data allowance on a mobile phone to access the internet, there's no way they can monitor what I'm doing right?
I only ask because when I was sectioned I got very paranoid about it and have often wondered since..

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
But what if you get better? Don't miss a chance to improve your life. August is on the other side of the mountains, you have enough time to take care of yourself :heart:

Reactions: d0_n0t_reSuScitate
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
But what if you get better? Don't miss a chance to improve your life. August is on the other side of the mountains, you have enough time to take care of yourself :heart:
I have made my decision I want to CTB.
Sorry if this sounds a stupid question, but if I'm the UK and using my own data allowance on a mobile phone to access the internet, there's no way they can monitor what I'm doing right?
I only ask because when I was sectioned I got very paranoid about it and have often wondered since..
No there is not thats why i am using my own data.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

I don't know, but I would assume that they can and be cautious. That's not paranoia, that's self-protection.

• Love
Reactions: Disintegration, Anon2662 and LMFAO FOCKERS
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
If they want, they can monitor. You are not protected if you are not using Tor or/and VPN. Internet seems safe but it is not.

• Wow
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Disintegration, Indieblue and 1 other person
Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
I don't know, but I would assume that they can and be cautious. That's not paranoia, that's self-protection.
Yeah luckily I'm not in hospital now and having 'fallen through the cracks' I'm left alone now. But I have often wondered about it..

Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
If they want, they can monitor. You are not protected if you are not using Tor or/and VPN. Internet seems safe but it is not.
Wow! Maybe I wasn't being so OTT in my head then! Note to self: always use a VPN haha!

Reactions: highlyvolatile and bigtasty
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Since you're already there, you might as well at least try the help they offer you. What do you have to lose?

The best thing to do is just cooperate. Be rational. Play nice. Don't cause trouble, try to harm yourself, make threats, be difficult, freak out, etc. I'm not sure if you'll get released early, but at least they won't feel like you're in danger if they don't keep you longer.

P.S. August is 167 days away. You're being held for 28. I think you have plenty of time!

Anon2662

Anon2662

Feb 13, 2020
UPDATE

I feel your pain. I've been on a section 2 before.. luckily I managed to convince the psychiatrist it was all a big misunderstanding! I hope you either manage to get out ASAP or find it helpful! Either way, August is a long time away so try not to stress :)

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
@new life Hmmm, so I expect you are not willing to get any help from medics? You are just forced to be helped?
@Anon2662 Many data is stolen nowadays. I used to lurk on some darkweb sites and you can find there so many things like email passwords, credit cards, paypal accounts, even passports of people who are alive! So be careful!

• Wow
Reactions: Anon2662
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I feel your pain. I've been on a section 2 before.. luckily I managed to convince the psychiatrist it was all a big misunderstanding! I hope you either manage to get out ASAP or find it helpful! Either way, August is a long time away so try not to stress :)
I will try not to stress.

• Hugs
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
@new life Hmmm, so I expect you are not willing to get any help from medics? You are just forced to be helped?
@Anon2662 Many data is stolen nowadays. I used to lurk on some darkweb sites and you can find there so many things like email passwords, credit cards, paypal accounts, even passports of people who are alive! So be careful!
@faust Yes i was forced to be helped i do not want any help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lady Lazarus 2020
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
It's understandable that you don't want the help because they stopped your plan, but this could be your chance to potentially get better, get on some helpful medication and learn new coping strategies. They're finally taking your pain seriously. Nobody can force you, but just try and think about it. We're here for you either way

Reactions: d0_n0t_reSuScitate and Lady Lazarus 2020
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
It's understandable that you don't want the help because they stopped your plan, but this could be your chance to potentially get better, get on some helpful medication and learn new coping strategies. They're finally taking your pain seriously. Nobody can force you, but just try and think about it. We're here for you either way
Thank you but I am still going to ctb. As long as i am in this world i will not be at peace.

They have not stopped it fully as my ctb date is august when the campsite opens for summer.

I tried to be brief as much as i could but it was hard as they nearly intrigued into my whole shitty life and interigated me.

Last edited:
C

Cleversusie

Feb 11, 2020
I've lost count of how many times I've been sectioned and my internet access has never been monitored, infact one of the health care assistants said they dont have the facilities to monitor internet access but he did say that they have had concerned family members ring them about concerning posts patients had made that's the only time they look