M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
In 2018 I worked for company X for one year. In 2019 I changed job and worked for company Y for one year. At the end of 2019 I got so sick of everything and couldn't do it anymore, planned to ctb and resigned from the position. So I didn't work in 2020 from january until june and lived off my savings. My plan to ctb got.. prolonged. My savings were gone and I got back to company X in june 2020, because I couldn't find anything else. I worked there for 4 months. In October I changed a job and I've been working for company Z since there. So it's been 6 months. I am sick of this job and I want to change it.
If I will have an interview they will probably ask me about that stuff.
How can I explain that I didn't work for 6 months in 2020?
And how can I explain it that I want to change job only after 6 months?

Sooner or later I hate every job I do and I can't stay for longer than a year. My record is 14 months in one company. But I want to change my job anyway and keep trying.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
How old are you?

Why you didn't work: If you're under 30 you can just say you took a break from work to travel. Make up a story about it that you can pull out if they ask.
Why you change jobs often: you enjoy exploring new environments. Your different workplaces have allowed you to gain many new perspectives. You think that the place you're applying to is an opportunity to apply and develop your varied experiences. You've had a turbulent private life situation that has now settled down and now you are thinking long-term.

Company X took you back after you left them, that's a good sign, it shows that you weren't fired for being a sloppy worker.

Reactions: virginiawoolf, NeverSatisfied, aneurysm and 1 other person
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
How old are you?

Why you didn't work: If you're under 30 you can just say you took a break from work to travel. Make up a story about it that you can pull out if they ask.
Why you change jobs often: you enjoy exploring new environments. Your different workplaces have allowed you to gain many new perspectives. You think that the place you're applying to is an opportunity to apply and develop your varied experiences. You've had a turbulent private life situation that has now settled down and now you are thinking long-term.

Company X took you back after you left them, that's a good sign, it shows that you weren't fired for being a sloppy worker.
wow this is great, I would never be able to come up with something like this. Thank you.
I'm 27

Reactions: aneurysm
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I have a similar resume and no interviewer has ever batted an eye about it. They care more about the actual content that's there (what experiences and skills you have) rather than how long you worked at a place or any gaps that are there.

Reactions: kovkay and Motoko
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
wow this is great, I would never be able to come up with something like this. Thank you.
me neither lol. makko gives great career advices

How can I explain that I didn't work for 6 months in 2020?
Imagine living in a world where you have to ask this question. Oh wait, this is reality.

• Love
Reactions: kovkay
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I would put it down to companies not hiring during Covid-19 so although you wanted to work there were no suitable jobs available.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: kovkay
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
You planned to travel for several months and even did so but then covid hit