esann7

esann7

Antinatalist
Oct 3, 2020
I guess young people must have pre-existing conditions that leads them like pneumonia, asthma, or a weak immune system like HIV. But as a perfectly healthy person....how could I die of it?

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I guess young people must have pre-existing conditions that leads them like pneumonia, asthma, or a weak immune system like HIV. But as a perfectly healthy person....how could I die of it?
It's really unlikely. Definitely not worth trying.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lotharius, foxdie, _Minsk and 5 others
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
I think you answered your own question. COVID-19 is not a reliable suicide method at all, you would be better off searching for suicide methods which have proven to be reliable.

Reactions: Lotharius, foxdie, Nimbus and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
But as a perfectly healthy person....how could I die of it?
you can't. You have more chance of being struck by lightening. In a cave.

Reactions: 262653, Pookie, Nimbus and 4 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
99% of the fatalities in Italy are people aged 60 and above. It's not reliable at all. The worst case is pretty much that you'll feel terrible for a while, and spread that shit to others.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleA, foxdie, mediocre and 2 others
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I know one thing: anyone who has had it shouldn't try to use an exit bag. The lung damage is quite severe.

Reactions: FatalSystemError591, CoalmineCanary and foxdie
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Very unlikely to happen, unless you are already severely sick. Untreated aids for example

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
The thing is, you never know how this virus will affect any one person. It's so weird and so many people have it completely different than the next person. It all depends. I had it worse than anyone who had it with me..why, I don't know. It is very unlikely that you would die from it having no pre existing issues. Although that isn't the case for some but for most.

Reactions: FatalSystemError591, k75, foxdie and 2 others
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Unless you are severely ill especially the lungs it's not gonna happen. I've know several people ranging from 30-60 that had it. Most not in good health and one super healthy. All struggled but pulled through. I know someone that I was on a vent and survived this.

Reactions: stygal
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I was born with severe congenital obstructive sleep apnea, a condition for which no diagnosis existed for ages after I was born. It may be exactly the sort of comorbid condition which might make an otherwise apparently healthy young person especially susceptible to COVID-19, and OSA cannot be determined through an autopsy, only an overnight sleep study..

Chronic allergies might also be a factor in rendering somebody susceptible. And there might be subtle variations in the virus.

A PharmD friend texted me yesterday that the first vaccines have now been shipped out. Hopefully it'll be available in time for us to get our first shots before the month is out. The sooner we get these initial shots, the sooner we can receive the two month booster injections.

L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
very difficult for a young person to die from covid.. unless all the cards are lined up correctly

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Only .02 die of it. This is all just a scam.

• Hmph!
Reactions: myopybyproxy, FatalSystemError591, bov and 1 other person
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020

Very unlikely a young person could die of it but not impossible, regardless of pre-existing conditions. You're more likely to damage your lungs long term further erroding your quality of life. You also run the risk of spreading it to someone who might die but doesn't want to. Not an good idea imo.

Reactions: esann7 and Kramer
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Oct 20, 2020
Only .02 die of it. This is all just a scam.

Not sure about the number, but you can't look at an age-averaged number and say everything is fine when fatality rate in the elderly is significant.

Reactions: esann7, FatalSystemError591, stygal and 2 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Not sure about the number, but you can't look at an age-averaged number and say everything is fine when fatality rate in the elderly is significant.
The elderly die of the regular flu. They're always susceptible to anything. Not worth the hysterics and lockdowns.

Reactions: myopybyproxy and esann7
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I wouldn't bother with it. You won't die but you could end up worse off. A friend of mine had it something like 4 months ago and his mental state has declined quite a bit since then and he seems to think it's related. Unsure if it actually is, but still not worth the risk if you'd survive anyway

Reactions: esann7 and Sherri
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
The thing is, you never know how this virus will affect any one person. It's so weird and so many people have it completely different than the next person. It all depends. I had it worse than anyone who had it with me..why, I don't know. It is very unlikely that you would die from it having no pre existing issues. Although that isn't the case for some but for most.
That must've been awful. What were your symptoms?

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
According to the health world organisation youngsters have less potential to get the virus. But like the article above even teenagers have died from it. I dont think it would be ideal to ctb though. As you have to breathe through a respiratory for days, sometimes weeks.

Reactions: esann7 and FatalSystemError591
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
rki-todesfaelle-alter.jpg

Its very unlikely to die by covid under 50.
230 dead in age bracket 0-49 in germany since the start of it, 1 million know cases - unknown probably around 4 million.
German numbers from last week.

Reactions: esann7 and Kramer
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Oct 20, 2020
The elderly die of the regular flu. They're always susceptible to anything. Not worth the hysterics and lockdowns.

The situations aren't really comparable. We know how to treat influenza. There are vaccines available. We still don't fully understand COVID, and there is no vaccine available yet. The only measures we can take right now against COVID are hygiene and social distancing.

All this means that while influenza can spread faster, and we in the US had about four times as many cases last season as there have been confirmed COVID cases thus far, COVID has been about ten times as deadly. Though of course the numbers are likely much higher due to inadequate testing.

Sources: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vs-flu/art-20490339

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Cytokine storm, caused by an over-reactive immune system in young individuals. That's why you hear some athletes and generally healthy young people keel over dead because their own bodies release cytokines to attack the body's own cells. The chances of that happening is still slim and the various cases are from individuals of all backgrounds.

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
That must've been awful. What were your symptoms?
I had really bad sinuses and headache that just would not go away, uncontrollable chills and fever, the most awful, horrific body aches. My eyes hurt and was very sensitive to light. I had zero energy, even to go from one side of the room to another. I was short of breath. I lost my taste and smell, my whole head was clogged and nothing would come out, I couldn't hear well, then one day it started to losen up and was able to come out. I had gastrointestinal issues, pain and going to the bathroom (sorry TMI) cream colored, almost white. It was weird! I lost my appetite. It's wasn't fun at all and I had it for about a month. When you are in it, you don't think it's ever going to go away but thankfully it did!

• Hugs
Reactions: esann7 and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I had really bad sinuses and headache that just would not go away, uncontrollable chills and fever, the most awful, horrific body aches. My eyes hurt and was very sensitive to light. I had zero energy, even to go from one side of the room to another. I was short of breath. I lost my taste and smell, my whole head was clogged and nothing would come out, I couldn't hear well, then one day it started to losen up and was able to come out. I had gastrointestinal issues, pain and going to the bathroom (sorry TMI) cream colored, almost white. It was weird! I lost my appetite. It's wasn't fun at all and I had it for about a month. When you are in it, you don't think it's ever going to go away but thankfully it did!
What an evil virus! Great that you made it through though.

• Love
Reactions: Leiden
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Do people think they're hurting my feelings by responding to my one comment above with a mad face? Lol Sticks and stones...

Reactions: myopybyproxy and esann7
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I don't recommend trying this. I have COVID and I'm not dead...I just can't smell anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: esann7, Thanatonaut and demuic