• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
As far as availability goes, every member here has access to electricity, otherwise they couldn't post. With enough of a shock, you can pretty much instantly stop your heart. So why haven't I seen anyone talk about this? What are the downsides?
Plus, what are various techniques one could do this? Fork in socket is obvious, as well as toaster bath. Also, if you have a car you can open the hood and just touch both sides of the battery. If you're extra daring, you can climb a telephone pole and just touch enough things until something works.

Reactions: robokiller, AngelRosrom and squirley
B

Bigsmoke777

May 23, 2023
Over the years they've updated outlets in homes to GFCI, so they break the circuit in an overload that would cause death in some of these situations. There may be a way with this method, but they make it difficult

Reactions: squirley
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Using electricity for CTB isn't sth straight forward. First of all 110V/230 V may not be enough in most cases, Maybe in a bathtub with salt water, but still there are security measures, circuit breakers. You'd need at least a microwave transformer (2kV / 1A) or better a smaller pole pig (15kV/20kV/30kV) sth like that. This is the one thing.

The other thing is, you have no control which way the current will take through your body, it's completely random. Sometimes convicts needed several attempts until they were finally dead on the electric chair. You'll be grilled until you are dead.

I don't think that electric current is a peaceful and quick way to CTB.

And then there are cases of people surviving even thunderbolts with severe injuries ...

• Aww..
Reactions: sad_dude and squirley
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
As far as availability goes, every member here has access to electricity, otherwise they couldn't post.
Makes sense. Unless everyone's on McDonald's wifi lol.
With enough of a shock, you can pretty much instantly stop your heart.
Yah you're not wrong... I'm a bit curious now.
Heart attack/cardiac arrest.
I'm not sure what house hold items can cause this but I found so far.
"Ventricular Fibrillation- Currents that are greater than 75 mA can cause your heart to shift its regular beating pattern"

And then I thought the power of the electric chair?
But I don't think anything in the house can do this especially with GFI plugs and breakers on the panel...
"The first, more powerful jolt (between 2000 and 2,500 volts) of electric current is intended to cause immediate unconsciousness, ventricular fibrillation, and eventual cardiac arrest. "
So why haven't I seen anyone talk about this? What are the downsides?
I think if the current isn't strong enough and you create an arch or ground.
You can literally cook...without the heart attack part.
I'm not 100% on this I'm just assuming and brainstorming the idea.
I saw a video of a lady that touched the
"3rd rail" on the subway.. and it didn't seem pleasant and she was smoking.
Plus, what are various techniques one could do this? Fork in socket is obvious,
You'd get a nice zap. But think the breaker would pop before anything. Used to do this as a kid lol
as well as toaster bath.
Same thing ... is it enough power ? Will the GFI pop ? Not sure... maybe a microwave. Non GFI plug ?
Also, if you have a car you can open the hood and just touch both sides of the battery.
This is an interesting idea because you would literally become the path to travel... I wonder if you would get zapped back and tossed or become stuck.
If you're extra daring, you can climb a telephone pole and just touch enough things until something works.
I've seen a few of this accidents and on purpose videos.
Seems just like a huge zap - pop - limp
Not sure on pain or success rate....
Using electricity for CTB isn't sth straight forward. First of all 110V/230 V may not be enough in most cases, Maybe in a bathtub with salt water, but still there are security measures, circuit breakers. You'd need at least a microwave transformer (2kV / 1A) or better a smaller pole pig (15kV/20kV/30kV) sth like that. This is the one thing.

The other thing is, you have no control which way the current will take through your body, it's completely random. Sometimes convicts needed several attempts until they were finally dead on the electric chair. You'll be grilled until you are dead.

I don't think that electric current is a peaceful and quick way to CTB.

And then there are cases of people surviving even thunderbolts with severe injuries ...
Ah yes exactly good points

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
And then I thought the power of the electric chair?
But I don't think anything in the house can do this especially with GFI plugs and breakers on the panel...
"The first, more powerful jolt (between 2000 and 2,500 volts) of electric current is intended to cause immediate unconsciousness, ventricular fibrillation, and eventual cardiac arrest. "
You find it in any microwave at home, and the fuse will not break, because the HV side doesn't have a fuse and the maximum current on the low voltage side with the fuse will not be much higher than 10-16A due to inductive resistance in the transformer.

Search YouTube: HV experiments with MOT or similar keywords. MOTs can create powerful arcs .... I don't want to be grilled from one of them.

Reactions: squirley
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
You find it in any microwave at home, and the fuse will not break, because the HV side doesn't have a fuse and the maximum current on the low voltage side with the fuse will not be much higher than 10-16A due to inductive resistance in the transformer.

Search YouTube: HV experiments with MOT or similar keywords. MOTs can create powerful arcs .... I don't want to be grilled from one of them.
Ahhh ok thanks for explaining.
and yes I looked it up and saw one video.
like a little pole or wand controlling lighting bolts . Crazy.. the zap sounds freaky

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
As far as availability goes, every member here has access to electricity, otherwise they couldn't post. With enough of a shock, you can pretty much instantly stop your heart. So why haven't I seen anyone talk about this? What are the downsides?
Plus, what are various techniques one could do this? Fork in socket is obvious, as well as toaster bath. Also, if you have a car you can open the hood and just touch both sides of the battery. If you're extra daring, you can climb a telephone pole and just touch enough things until something works.

Be aware that most of those approaches wouldn't work. If you touched the terminals of a car battery, you wouldn't even notice it. Similarly, touching phone circuits might give you a jolt but would almost certainly not kill you. I have touched mains many times and had nothing but burns.

To do this you would need several thousand volts (not the low hundreds that are found domestically), prepare the contact points with the skin to make a good circuit and tie yourself down as your muscles will contract violently.

So it's technically quite difficult!

Reactions: Hotwire and Praestat_Mori
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022

actually I've heard a bit about this, how microwaves have certain parts with very high electrical flow and often lead to accidental deaths of hobbyist electricians

thanks for the info about the other stuff though everyone, I guess it's good for safety that such measures are in place

• Love
Reactions: Bigsmoke777
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
Using electricity for CTB isn't sth straight forward. First of all 110V/230 V

Hol'up.
This is my job and I can tell you electricity is dangerous from 50v (AC ofc, not DC) and up in dry environnement.
With humidity and water you basically divide the human resistivity per 2 so it begin at 25V.

@230v AC, 30 ma is the limit for the heart, that's why differential circuit breaker for outlet are 30mA rated.

I let everyone do their own conclusions based on this.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and squirley
Mord.

Mord.

-
May 6, 2023
It depends on voltage and amperage. For example a taser doesn't kill you even if it has high voltage because of the low amperage. You need certain amount from both

squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
Hol'up.
This is my job and I can tell you electricity is dangerous from 50v (AC ofc, not DC) and up in dry environnement.
With humidity and water you basically divide the human resistivity per 2 so it begin at 25V.

@230v AC, 30 ma is the limit for the heart, that's why differential circuit breaker for outlet are 30mA rated.

Ok so the fact I found about " 50ma " is true?
And could be deadly...
what is 50ma vs 50v ?

And could any house hold items value this ? Dryer machine plugs?
Microwave in bathtub?
Car battery ?

I looked up microwaves as @Praestat_Mori suggested.
and the power looks fucked like a lighting bolt how you would conduct this? Or make this happen...
How would the human body and safety inputs react within the machines.

Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
mA is milliampere. One ma is 1/1000 ampere. It's the current.
V stand for Volt. I'm not that strong in English so I'll call it... Voltage haha.
They are totally different things.

If you multiply both, you have the power (it's a bit more complicated than that in AC - alternative current - than in DC - Direct current -)

Current (A) x voltage (V) = power in Watt (W)

For the same power if you lower the voltage you augment the current and vice versa.

For example, imagine your computer use around 1000w and is fed through your 230V outlet... The power supply convert the 230VAC to lower voltage in DC. Your cpu SOC voltage for example is around 1V, more than that and it fry.
The reverse is true for the above mentioned teaser example. Very high voltage, low current (else heart fry).
But in alternative current, 50 mA over a short period of time will surely kill if there are no breaker in action (and there always are)

It's just a matter of proportion. I can't explain well since its not my native language.

Will respond to the rest later once I am reunited with a keyboard!

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and squirley
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023

Hol'up.

Yes you are right! My point was that there is still a relatively high chance to "survive" with severe injuries, but not death. It's not sure that this kills you more or less painlessly and right away.

Imo it's deadly right away when you can make sure the current is going right through the heart, but this is rarely the case, it's unpredictable which way the current takes through the body.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

Electricity is not my forte but we are not doing any science experiments here, we are real humans who want to suicide so it would be better to take methods which are already working and proven with a lot of resources other than doing a ctb method which is rare and less resources for which you can't get enough help from the other members

I can say this if electricity don't kill you asap get ready for experiencing the worst pain of your life, if you check out the US states which use electric chair is known to malfunction very often, and in some states electric chair is the only way they'll kill you.

The electric chair also has a huge voltage, at low current, whereas a speedy death would have a higher current. Essentially, it is a torture device.

So think a lot before doing ctb with electricity!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori