T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
Capitalism is making me want to ctb. How are you surviving capitalism?

Reactions: ConfusedClouds, Forever Sleep, Crash_Bash_Dash and 1 other person
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
A minimalist lifestyle has helped me.

I don't buy anything I don't need. I gave up collecting stuff that's just going to sit on a shelf or be put in a box. If I won't use it more than twice a week I don't really need it.

I have 3 or less of everything. I think the easiest part of surviving capitalism is to break free of consumerism.

FOMO especially. It's all so opportunistic.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedClouds, Forever Sleep, sserafim and 2 others
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
By not playing into the system. I don't pay for subscriptions of any kind. I don't buy a fancy coffee every day. I cook most of my meals. I plan to start a garden to grow my own food. I'm learning to sew my own clothes. I buy things (usually) only when I genuinely need them. I don't throw things out became they're broken, I fix them. I don't throw things out because they're "not trendy" anymore. I will pay more to buy from a smaller competitor then the cheaper monopoly. I will go the extra three miles and pay for not free shipping to avoid giving money to companies whose ethics are deplorable. I have credit cards with rewards and I pay the bills every month so that I make money off of them. If I live long enough to get my next degree, I'm leaving the company that has used me for years without proper compensation (they're paying for the degree).

I make sure that a company has earned the right to have my hard earned money before I consider giving it to them. It's hard but at the end of the day when I see a social media post about some CEO taking their 10th tropical vacation this year I'm happy to know I didn't fund it.

Additionally: I also buy A LOT of things second hand.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dogbreath, Forever Sleep, Crash_Bash_Dash and 1 other person