Açucarzinho583

Açucarzinho583

com café!
Sep 14, 2023
I would like to address one of the least talked-about topics nowadays.

It's no wonder that antidepressants have become one of the most prescribed classes of medication in the world.

Originally developed to treat severe depressive disorders, these medications have come to be widely used in cases that often do not fit the classic definitions of clinical depression.

Psychiatry aims to diagnose and treat mental illnesses. However, what constitutes a "mental illness" can be subjective.

Deep sadness after the loss of a job, a relationship, or a pet, for example, can be interpreted as a natural grieving process. If you visit a psychiatrist, they will recommend antidepressants and several other medications that you do not need. Psychiatrists are only for the mentally ill and are not recommended.

These are some stories I found about this:

"Ten years ago, I separated from my first wife, and I was in a very bad state, lost weight, and my family sent me to see a psychiatrist. I had one session, and on the first day, he said I was depressed and prescribed me several medications. I didn't take any of them, started going out with my friends again, and now I have two kids and a new marriage."

"I have anxiety... They diagnosed me as bipolar and gave me high doses of medication for nine years... They almost killed me."

"I once went to a psychiatrist and reported feeling down because I had lost my job and so on. The doctor prescribed me a lot of medications. I was scared."

The neurochemical model of depression has already been exposed as merely a marketing campaign with little or no efficacy beyond placebo, with serious side effects. The pharmaceutical industry heavily manipulates healthcare professionals.

In my home country, Brazil, it leads the world in the consumption of antidepressants and anxiolytics. On every street, there are about three pharmacies.

Of course, there are people for whom medication is extremely important.Like this person here: "I have type 1 bipolar disorder and take controlled medication; without these medications, I don't know what would have happened to me."

In my case, my parents took me to a psychiatrist, and in the first session, he said I was delusional and prescribed a medication I don't know the name of because my parents hide the meds, and he even increased the dose.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno, etherealspring, Moniker and 3 others