ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
How accurate is this guy's assertions about various ctb methods versus what information that is available here at SS on the methods he discusses? This may be simply disinformation put out by a pro lifer to scare away those who want to carry out self deliverance:

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
How accurate is this guy's assertions about various ctb methods versus what information that is available here at SS on the methods he discusses? This may be simply disinformation put out by a pro lifer to scare away those who want to carry out self deliverance:

If you read the video description, you would realise it is a pro-life video:

Many people believe that the most painless ways to commit suicide is by hanging, shooting, or suffocating themselves, but that is a very dangerous misconception. Which leaves a lot of people asking "What's the best way to kill yourself?" or "What's the least painful way to kill yourself?" The truth is there isn't a good or painless way to do so. Which is why there are resources to help you with whatever you may be struggling with, to avoid suicide as the outcome. [...]

To make matters worse, he also sounds annoyingly like a young Asian Michael Jackson :))

Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, Deleted member 17331, Circles and 1 other person
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
A lot of what he says is correct and not so far removed from the advice given here.
He's just not revealing how to do things properly.
Of course it's pro-life though,it's on Youtube. :smiling:
I dislike the assumption that you can just "get help" and come through it. That may be applicablle to some,but for others,death is the only practical escape. Nothing is going to "help" outside of ceasing to exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, Busdriver, Disco Biscuit and 6 others
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Wow, what an exemplary way of dissuading people from CTB. That's the problem people don't understand. No one on this forum carries the "passion" to die. They just don't have a choice. Suicide only occurs when you run out of resources to sustain your life. But well, we all want to play the "hero" without actually doing anything heroic. Pity and threats are the last things a depressed person needs.

• Love
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, AutoTap, CarbonMonoxide and 7 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
People who pretend that internal, mental problems are the only thing that makes you kill yourself, and those can be magically treated, deserve to be transported to cave times with a dozen disabilities.

Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, omoidarui, Meowkin and 1 other person
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
A lot of what he says is correct and not so far removed from the advice given here.
He's just not revealing how to do things properly.
I dislike the assumption that you can just "get help" and come through it. That may be applicablle to some,but for others,death is the only practical escape. Nothing is going to "help" outside of ceasing to exist.

Yes, I didn't bother examining the correctness of his facts, because his whole argument was coming from a pro-life perspective anyway. So even if it were true that 25% of gunshot suicides lead to failure (and I don't know whether or not it is), for example, the interpretation of that from our own pro-choice angle would probably be 'Awesome, three-quarters of gunshot attempts are fatal!' :))

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Yes, I didn't bother examining the correctness of his facts, because his whole argument was coming from a pro-life perspective anyway. So even if it were true that 25% of gunshot suicides lead to failure (and I don't know whether or not it is), for example, the interpretation of that from our own pro-choice angle would probably be 'Awesome, three-quarters of gunshot attempts are fatal!' :))
Oh,it's patent bs about 25% suicidal gunshot wounds to the head being non-fatal.
God knows where he got that statistic from.
Had to re-listen to be sure he wasn't talking about self-inflicted gunshot wounds in general,like chest,abdomen etc.
Survival rate for suicidal gunshot wound to head is extremely low.
Anyway,he's a smug,patronising,self-satisfied cnut,regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Busdriver, ManWithNoName and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Oh,it's patent bs about 25% suicidal gunshot wounds to the head being non-fatal.
Had to re-listen to be sure he wasn't talking about self-inflicted gunshot wounds in general,like chest,abdomen etc.

And a brilliant method actor too, I know I've walked in on hangings before and said "Hey, what are you trying to do? Get down from there. Do you realise how much that's going to hurt?" :))

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts and Saed
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
That's a good point as YouTube censors everything....from political positions that go against their political opinion, to even academic videos. Literally the only presentations that do not get censored there are vacuous things like make-up tips for one's pet, etc. It is my understanding that expressions like "suicide" and "Kill yourself" the system would automatically delete the videoā€”but then again, the videos on suicide are all pushing the pro-life narrative.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, autumnal, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
According to lostallhope.com a gunshot wound to the head is around 97% effective - and that website seems more serious about the reliability of methods.

• Love
Reactions: Saed
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It's definitely pro life propaganda. What he fails to mention is that most natural deaths involve pain as well. Everyone hopes to die in their sleep but that rarely happens.

Death is inherently painful whether it be mentally, emotionally, or physically. Choosing ones own death gives them some level of control over just how painful it is and when it occurs.

Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, omoidarui, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
According to lostallhope.com a gunshot wound to the head is around 97% effective - and that website seems more serious about the reliability of methods.
Another stat I read was 1% failure :smiling:
For every successfully completed suicide there are more than 12 unsuccessful attempts.1 However, surviving an SIGSW is relatively rare and makes up only 1% of all failed suicide attempts.1 Those who attempt suicide via SIGSW are relatively less likely to survive compared with those who use other methods of suicide.