• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
I am significantly behind in rent so my landlord took me to housing court yesterday. I almost didn't show up, as I thought it wouldn't do any good, because my research indicated the next step is always for the court to award an eviction notice.

After that I'd have about a week before a Marshall came and threw me out.

But I got up in the morning and, out of curiosity and a desire to take advantage of one of the last opportunities I'll have to experience something new, decided to go. So I went.

I was honest and straight forward. I said my landlord was excellent, I owed exactly what he said, I had no money to pay, but fully intended to pay as soon as I was able, and if I had another place to go, I would. I also said I was very sorry to be so behind on rent, and I regretted the inconvenience this was causing the landlord.

I then expected to receive an eviction notice, and so have less then 1 week left.

But instead, the clerk looked at the landlord's lawyer, asked "Okay. What do you think? Want to go for an adjournment?" and the lawyer said "Yeah, sure, let's do that."

So to my complete and utter surprise, they adjourned it until October 18th!

And this was purely a result of my curiosity, because if I hadn't shown up, like I planned, it would have defaulted to a ruling against me and an eviction would be been delivered!

Part of me is relieved at this. There are food pantries and other things I can take advantage of, so even though I have very little money, I can still last for a while yet. I don't know how long, but surely longer than the 1 week I thought I would have left. Probably until my power gets shut off due to non-payment.

And part of me is a little disappointed. The end was in sight and I was okay with it. But now, well, I have more time... but so what?!? How is that good? Well, the only reason is that it creates a very, very small chance that something will happen and I'll make it out of this. Just what could or would happen, I have no idea.

It's a bit of a letdown that I'm back to having all this time to fill, with no meaning, fulfillment, or purpose available to fill it with. But I committed to lasting as long as I can bear it, so as long as it continues to be bearable in the least, I will continue on.

However, if you asked me which I would prefer - to have been given this extra time, or not - well, I can honestly say I would have no answer for you...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: oopswronglife, Lennox, Beautifulletdown and 1 other person
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Sometimes life will throw a surprise at you. Glad you have some more time.

• Love
Reactions: oopswronglife, Lennox, Tom9999 and 1 other person