Honey0TU

Honey0TU

what doesnt kill you, makes you wish you were dead
Mar 24, 2020
never used a suicide hotline before, are they helpful? ive heard of bad experiences so im not sure if the negatives outweigh the positives

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and puppy9
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
Helpful in ratting you out to the police in order to put you in a mental ward. Otherwise just "copy and paste" replies from a handbook. If you tried a shrink or psychotherapy and it didn't work, hotlines are even worse. Sorry for all the negativity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fehler, NA90, puppy9 and 1 other person
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
suicide+hotline+cartoon.png

I'll call if they be like....

dark-humor-pictures.jpg

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764, KleinerWolf, OopsIdidntwanttodie and 1 other person
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
Staff at hotlines are often not licensed mental health professionals, and I've heard experiences really vary person to person. If they deem you at imminent risk for suicide, they will call the local police to admit you (I think they have access to your address automatically when you call, but I'm not entirely sure)

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
My experience is that there is a long wait time, they are really awkward and aren't really there to listen, and they use a script. I always felt flustered/ ashamed while on calls with them (back when I believed in the system). After the calls I feel worse. -1/10 *sigh*

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Called the Samaritans a number of times. A bit hit and miss but they never ''ratted me out'' even when I was literally attempting while on the phone to them (didn't want to be alone).
Called others who insisted on notifying my GP.
Check out the website of the hotline. They should be upfront as to their policies on sending law enforcement or medics to you.

NA90

NA90

Can you hear the wolf cry in a moonlight night?
Nov 1, 2020
Staff at hotlines are often not licensed mental health professionals, and I've heard experiences really vary person to person. If they deem you at imminent risk for suicide, they will call the local police to admit you (I think they have access to your address automatically when you call, but I'm not entirely sure)
Yeah most of it are just volunteers. They have basic training and that's it pretty much.