the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I am planning on a SN CTB in a hotel room. I live on the east coast of the U.S. I was thinking of booking a room in a neighboring county as I have family in the one in which I reside. When I am found, how likely is it that my name will make local news? I want my family to have a better sense of privacy in the wake of this. I have seen a mixture of both un/identified stories on any death that occurs in a hotel room.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I am planning on a SN CTB in a hotel room. I live on the east coast of the U.S. I was thinking of booking a room in a neighboring county as I have family in the one in which I reside. When I am found, how likely is it that my name will make local news? I want my family to have a better sense of privacy in the wake of this. I have seen a mixture of both un/identified stories on any death that occurs in a hotel room.
I wouldnt have thought it would make the news unless its something really unusual or dramatic but im not fully sure. What sort of stuff have you seen ?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Emily_Numb and the witch’s lament
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
They try not to report on suicides, so unless the death is suspicious, it's unlikely to be in the news.

Reactions: JAG_78, Deleted member 4993 and the witch’s lament
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I wouldnt have thought it would make the news unless its something really unusual or dramatic but im not fully sure. What sort of stuff have you seen ?
most deaths that I have found online where a body is found in a hotel room, they include the name of the deceased. granted, most of them are deemed homicides with a suspect already in custody. I have seen a few where they say the cause of death is pending investigation and still includes their names.
They try not to report on suicides, so unless the death is suspicious, it's unlikely to be in the news.
yes I am having trouble finding an article regarding a CTB in a hotel room.

Reactions: Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
most deaths that I have found online where a body is found in a hotel room, they include the name of the deceased. granted, most of them are deemed homicides with a suspect already in custody. I have seen a few where they say the cause of death is pending investigation and still includes their names.

yes I am having trouble finding an article regarding a CTB in a hotel room.
Oh i see.
But this is different than how i interpret on the news if you know what i mean?
Ie did you have to look for the info ?

Reactions: the witch’s lament
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
Oh i see.
But this is different than how i interpret on the news if you know what i mean?
Ie did you have to look for the info ?
yes in this instance I looked nationally to see if any local news outlets cover CTBs in hotel rooms. my biggest concern is that I live in a community where not much happens, and if there is an online article of a story, the same story will also be televised.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and GoodPersonEffed
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
my plan is just as yours. I will do it at a hotel in town. I plan to take uber to the hotel that way my son doesn't have to worry about getting my car out of impound lot. There will be a note or notes.. so they will not label it as suspicious. The only time I've seen a suicide reported was when 2 different women about 6 hours apart jumped from 1 was a hotel and the other jumped from a 6 floor condo in the same county. Leave a note so they dont view it as a suspicious unanswered. They will have the answers when they enter the room.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and the witch’s lament
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I believe most hotels, especially the larger chains, don't want suicides reported to avoid negative publicity and to discourage copy cats. I am somewhat thinking of CTBing in Las Vegas. I've researched it's estimated there are hundreds or possibly thousands of hotel suicides there each year but we never hear this in the news. In fact, they request that coroners and "clean up" companies use unmarked cars when dealing with suicides.

if you're from a small town area and CTB in another small town, there could be talk and gossip. I grew up in very small rural area where everyone knows everyone's business.

That said, if your suicide is, what's the word, uneventful, then it likely won't make the news. You know your region though. Have you seen suicides reported in the news? If not, I feel you'll be ok.
Oh one other thing. Based on my research, it sometimes appears questionable when a local resident checks into a hotel. You said you're going to a nearby town. I'd have a story prepared you might casually drop to avoid suspicion. If I CTB locally at a hotel I'd say my apartment is being painted so I need to move out for a couple days. Someone posted here last week she told the hotel she just needed some time away from her boyfriend. And you can request no room service, say you want to rest undisturbed. Or I was going to say I have a bunch of Skype work calls and don't want to be disturbed.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, GoodPersonEffed, the witch’s lament and 1 other person
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
my plan is just as yours. I will do it at a hotel in town. I plan to take uber to the hotel that way my son doesn't have to worry about getting my car out of impound lot. There will be a note or notes.. so they will not label it as suspicious. The only time I've seen a suicide reported was when 2 different women about 6 hours apart jumped from 1 was a hotel and the other jumped from a 6 floor condo in the same county. Leave a note so they dont view it as a suspicious unanswered. They will have the answers when they enter the room.
hmm yes I can see that as making an impact. I was planning on leaving a note elsewhere to found by a loved one after the fact so I don't have to worry whether or not my message will get to them. do you think having the method materials (SN) present would further dispel suspicion of foul play while reinforcing the sensitive nature of a CTB?
I believe most hotels, especially the larger chains, don't want suicides reported to avoid negative publicity and to discourage copy cats. I am somewhat thinking of CTBing in Las Vegas. I've researched it's estimated there are hundreds or possibly thousands of hotel suicides there each year but we never hear this in the news. In fact, they request that coroners and "clean up" companies use unmarked cars when dealing with suicides.

if you're from a small town area and CTB in another small town, there could be talk and gossip. I grew up in very small rural area where everyone knows everyone's business.

That said, if your suicide is, what's the word, uneventful, then it likely won't make the news. You know your region though. Have you seen suicides reported in the news? If not, I feel you'll be ok.
yes I have yet to find any news report, at least online, covering a CTB in my area. I think it will end up being more of a private matter based on the replies here.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and PJFord
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
hmm yes I can see that as making an impact. I was planning on leaving a note elsewhere to found by a loved one after the fact so I don't have to worry whether or not my message will get to them. do you think having the method materials (SN) present would further dispel suspicion of foul play while reinforcing the sensitive nature of a CTB?

yes I have yet to find any news report, at least online, covering a CTB in my area. I think it will end up being more of a private matter based on the replies here.

I mean we will have certain materials in the hotel. I dont know how well known SN CTB is. I just learned about it a few days ago and I'm so excited! SO having the SN in the hotel may or may not give a clue to officers. I would suggest a small note for the police- I have CTB this substance is not dangerous unless ingested. That way they know there isn't foul play and there isn't a reason to hazard team. I plan to dump my SN into a baggie and throw out the SN bottles in my household garbage. I'll take the baggie with me. I am not chancing someone finding me and knowing what it is to try to make me land in psych. So I will have my DNR laid out with my cups, etc, and a note- stating I have chosen to take this action and the substance is not dangerous unless ingested. My mom and brother wont be surprised I've told them since my son died my desire.

• Hugs