Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
I tried to get help and they shrugged me off and said to see my useless psych who only gives me antipsychotics and tricyclic antidepressants for my horrible PTSD and depression.
I feel hopeless. No psychiatrist ever understands me. They all treat me like I'm drug seeking for complaining about my shitty poverty-striken life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: february in alaska, tinyghost, Praestat_Mori and 10 others
N

NoWayOut015

Caught between black and white
Jun 11, 2023
That sounds terrible I'm so sorry this happened to you..
I know the feeling all to well, it just makes you wonder why even bother to try for help

Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
That is sad, disappointing and upsetting - I am so sorry that you had to deal with these idiots. You reached out for help and essentially was turned down with useless advice.

How do you feel now?

Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
pre
That is sad, disappointing and upsetting - I am so sorry that you had to deal with these idiots. You reached out for help and essentially was turned down with useless advice.

How do you feel now?
pretty bad still. I called my psych's office and they told me to go back to the hospital and they would call and tell the hospital to help me this time.

Reactions: sadandlonely99 and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
This is disastrous. They said that they will tell the hospital to help you this time!!!? Who the hell are these people - trying to play God with your life. If you don't mind me asking, which country do you live in?

You really deserve empathy, compassion, heart felt and authentic care.., I am sorry that this is happening to you.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and sadandlonely99
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Be glad you got discharged. When I went to the emergency I saw no therapist, I was barely talked to and I was given dirty looks. I was put into empty room or more like a cell and had a bed that was so hard that I couldnt even lay on my side. They also took my phone away btw. Couldnt even shower. Luckily I got released after 24 hours. But never again.

Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
I went back and spent 3 hours lying in a gurney. They told me to try CBT and if that fails to try electroconvolusive therapy(aka electrocuting my brain every week). I communicated to the emergency room psychiatrist that if I were to kill myself I would not return and he said that is fine with him since I pose "no danger due to my lack of a concrete plan".

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
This psychiatrist is as useless as you can get. What does s/he want - someone to show up in a body bag before looking at what needs to be put up on the report to the coroner to cover their tracks.

Is there a charity that you are able to turn to to support you since the reality is that the medics are more interested in pushing you into riskier territory rather than helping you?

J

jackrussell023

Oct 31, 2023
Be glad you got discharged. When I went to the emergency I saw no therapist, I was barely talked to and I was given dirty looks. I was put into empty room or more like a cell and had a bed that was so hard that I couldnt even lay on my side. They also took my phone away btw. Couldnt even shower. Luckily I got released after 24 hours. But never again.
Had similar. Did get a bed in pysch ward, but doc wanted me out asap, even against the advice of nurses and that my ideations were an acceptable medical risk. Saw them twice over 1 week, 2nd time was told I'm out later that day.

Also been attending an ongoing program over the last year, but as I struggled to engage with what they suggested I do, they dumped me as well.

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Fuck their help, psychiatry is trash

Reactions: Kit1 and Rogue Proxy
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I went back and spent 3 hours lying in a gurney. They told me to try CBT and if that fails to try electroconvolusive therapy(aka electrocuting my brain every week). I communicated to the emergency room psychiatrist that if I were to kill myself I would not return and he said that is fine with him since I pose "no danger due to my lack of a concrete plan".
People should seek help instead of CTB and when people seek help they are treated like trash. This is really disgusting. I'm sorry you have to go through that. This is really so awful.

• Aww..
Reactions: exitplease