SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
How much debt did surviving put them into? Emergency Ambulance ride?

The one thing I haven't seen from reading about surviving methods in the threads is the hospital bill afterwards. Even the Ambulance ride isn't cheap. I'm not sure if health insurance covers it all. If it does then how much is left after the insurance takes over? The Ambulance Ride, multiple days of stay, and medical care for even SN sounds like insult to injury. A person having to deal with the feelings of failing and then the humungous bill on top of it would cause me to want to do it again right in the hospital bed.

I had my appendix out and it cost me over $50,000. That's only an operation and 1 night stay. After insurance took over it still cost me up to $5,000. If a kid does it and survives then the bill is left up to the parents. Living is All about $$.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
In my area (even if you don't have medical inssurance) it is free if you're in a critical condition. They will bring you to the hospital, they will do whatever they need to do to save your life, they will stabilize you and then they will kick you out. Any additional medical care costs.

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

My Tears Ricochet
Mar 24, 2023
I am in SO much extra debt from going inpatient. I was lied to to try and convince me to go inpatient. I was told it wouldn't cost me anything. I was assured a program in my state was paying for allll of my services. The program told me this. It was just a complete lie to keep me from kms

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Why isn't the debt talked about then? Some people can get away with paying nothing, but the rest have to pay everything…another reason why I'm scared to fail..I cannot fail.

Reactions: hopeisdead
A

alterationitfinds

Sep 21, 2023
How much debt did surviving put them into? Emergency Ambulance ride?

The one thing I haven't seen from reading about surviving methods in the threads is the hospital bill afterwards. Even the Ambulance ride isn't cheap. I'm not sure if health insurance covers it all. If it does then how much is left after the insurance takes over? The Ambulance Ride, multiple days of stay, and medical care for even SN sounds like insult to injury. A person having to deal with the feelings of failing and then the humungous bill on top of it would cause me to want to do it again right in the hospital bed.

I had my appendix out and it cost me over $50,000. That's only an operation and 1 night stay. After insurance took over it still cost me up to $5,000. If a kid does it and survives then the bill is left up to the parents. Living is All about $$.
despite the uk not having a viable SN source which drives me crazy, i am glad that we have the NHS so failing doesn't put you or whoever you leave behind in debt.
The US medical system is a joke, how can you be pro life and prevent suicide but then charge insane amounts for the luxury of living.
what a backwards idea

Reactions: mind_split and hopeisdead